Tactical subtitutions | Vital Football

Tactical subtitutions

Kevin sheldon

Vital Youth Team
Well that was just plain ridiculous today. No negotiation, Humphrys needs to start the 2nd half and the traffic cone replaced. It literally is like playing with 10 men every week until he is replaced. Does not matter what formation you play, you start with Magennis and you scrape through at best.
As Sunderland started so well on the front foot 2nd half it was literally nearly too late then. They should have been 3 up and too late then to change the game. It was baffling, observing the discussions 2nd half too. Richardson, discusses with Kelly then calls third member of management team over dont know who he is. I just dont get it, we know Magennis is coming off Why the discussions, the models and possible subs needed to have been done prior to Kick off.

And what did Humphrys do. With the hoof ball nothing. This club is a grave yard for centre forwards. He as never been that sort of player to Winn headers out side the box. He’s not the loan striker sort of player. And never will be. Need to get found the back of teams. And get crosses in. One thing we never did did today playing McLean at full back it was suicidal
Yes agree with alot of that. But Magennis not fit enough to be in the side and Humpheys should start every game

McClean has looked better at wing back but today it just seemed liked we were using a straight back four and he hardly ventured forward. Gwion Edwards didn't exist. Keane didn't exist either. Darickwa on the right didn't get forward. Lang at least tried and Megennis just dire. Sunderland were poor and there for the taking yet we didn't have a go at them. Insipid negative performance.

McClean has looked better at wing back but today it just seemed liked we were using a straight back four and he hardly ventured forward. Gwion Edwards didn't exist. Keane didn't exist either. Darickwa on the right didn't get forward. Lang at least tried and Megennis just dire. Sunderland were poor and there for the taking yet we didn't have a go at them. Insipid negative performance.

Agree with everything apart from Sunderland were poor.
After the first minute they managed the game superbly.
Absolute shyte to watch from our point of view but they did the business.

Agree with everything apart from Sunderland were poor.
After the first minute they managed the game superbly.
Absolute shyte to watch from our point of view but they did the business.

Without going into our display yet, given their perfect start, I was surprised at their tactics, Neil's teams are usually a good watch, I thought that while they deserved to win (no question at all), they were a disgrace at times, yes played the occasional bit of neat football, but resorted far too much to making the game bitty, breaking it up with niggly fouls, time wasting and feigning injury to try and get our players booked or sent off. As a team, they were a better watch in the League Cup, they played us off the park with football that night

Without going into our display yet, given their perfect start, I was surprised at their tactics, Neil's teams are usually a good watch, I thought that while they deserved to win (no question at all), they were a disgrace at times, yes played the occasional bit of neat football, but resorted far too much to making the game bitty, breaking it up with niggly fouls, time wasting and feigning injury to try and get our players booked or sent off. As a team, they were a better watch in the League Cup, they played us off the park with football that night

The thing is AL, isn't that what teams do when they fear the team they are playing has better players. They break the game up and prevent the supposedly better team from gaining any momentum. Sunderland today gave a masterclass in how to break up play, shithouse, time waste and win a game, tactics they had rehearsed all week according to Neill in his after match interview.

The point I am making is that they feared us and changed their tactics to overcome their inferiority, well done for that, but also lets take the positive from this, that teams around us now fear us. We now need to turn that into our advantage and learn to use that fear to win games.