T20 Finals Day | Vital Football

T20 Finals Day

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Lancs looking good for their usual bottlejob. Yorkshire post over 200 in a semi final. Very tough chase!

Excellent chase, absolutely superb from Salt, Jennings and Vilas. Very poor bowling and fielding though from the White Rose. Lanky almost died in the mascot derby. Another big chase ahead for Somerset against Hampshire.

Hampshire through to the final. Best bowling attack in the comp, just strangled a strong Somerset. Biggest challenge for Lancs saved for the final!

On a side note, there is no better annual sporting event in the country to attend than Finals Day. I wouldn't want to be doing it in that heat today mind!

Never seen anything like that in my life. Even god himself wanted Lancs to win, they gave them a free hit to do it! Amazing!

Hampshire bowling attack was outstanding.

Never seen anything like that in my life. Even god himself wanted Lancs to win, they gave them a free hit to do it! Amazing!

Hampshire bowling attack was outstanding.

Lancs completely bottled it, Salty threw his wicket away, Vilas was on edge and David well I've seen him five times now and he's failed every time. Doesent help though when your best players cant play.

Lancs looking good for their usual bottlejob. Yorkshire post over 200 in a semi final. Very tough chase!

Correct, but the bottlejob came in the final.

How the bloody hell did they managed to snatch defeat from that? Too much prodding around mid-innings for me after a blistering start. Seems to be in the DNA of LCCC to not go for the quick kill when chasing down a par score.

Only just calmed down...what the bloody hell happened. Salt seemed to want to win the game in 1 over , Villas looked as nervous as hell, Croft did well but threw his wicket away and the great white hope Tim David was once again found totally wanting. Add to that some superb bowling and shying at the stumps and the disaster unfolded like some slow motion 2nd rate film.

It's definitely a mental issue within the squad. In the past four years, three of those years have seen Lancs find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in a T20 knockout match. David's innings in the final was truly bizarre, came in prodded and poked around for a few overs (which isn't the way he plays at all and then got out. Why not just play your natural game and hit it out the park from ball one. The Ashes is in June/July next year apparently so the Aussie white ball players should be free. Sack him off and bring back Maxwell.

The pressure of a big final, you can't replicate it. Nathan Ellis though put it probably the finest death bowling performance I've seen in a long long time. He'll surely be lining up for Australia at the T20 World Cup. Plus James Vince is an outstanding captain, the best in the country by a mile.