Swansea City Fan Comments | Vital Football

Swansea City Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Will be a more difficult game than the FA cup game, Chris Hughton is an experienced coach, will have learned a lot about us from the previous game. All our boys should be fit and raring to go, play at a quick tempo, pass and move and smash them.

It will interesting if they allow us the space to play that they did in the FA Cup. I doubt it, I believe we will have to grind out a result midweek.

Let's keep unbeaten run in the league going. I would take a scrappy 1 0.

Forest will be smarting after the recent drubbing, so will come straight out of the blocks.

Got a nervous feeling about tonight forest on paper should be one hell of a team spent a lot and brought in some good loans hope I'm wrong.

Me too. [Echoed by others]

I'll make it 5 of us, don't fancy us at all if I'm being honest. They're in decent form lately and will be bang up for it to avenge their hammering a few weeks ago.

Plus Glen Murray has a pretty good scoring record against us - especially when Houghton is his manager.

Murray could have made a huge difference over the remainder of the season.

Gone for Grabban tonight, more mobile I suppose.

Grow some balls for Christ sake boys, it's Forest we are playing! Watched them Saturday against Bournemouth, apart from Knockaert, didn't see anything to overly worry us. It will be a professional performance like Norwich again. 2-0.

They'll be looking to physically dominate and bully with their preferred 4231 formation (like Norwich but without a Cantwell). We can easily outmatch them with formation, and with the right team selection.

Watched the whole game Forest v Bournemouth last Saturday (for obvious reasons). Yes they have stiffened up with some senior pros - BUT they were incapable of protecting the ball and passing it accurately. Also suspect at the back (despite a clean sheet) Figueredo a particular favorite of mine - hope he plays.

During the game against Bournemouth the commentator said that Forest had the third best record in the last 10 games after Brentford and ourselves. Although they didn't offer much in attack they denied Bournemouth a single shot on target. We won't win this if we go into this game with any sort of complacency.

If anyone watched Forest v Bournemouth the thing that would have stood out (at least it did for me) was the panic hoof from the back to an immobile Murray and the inability to string more than 3 passes together when pressed in midfield. They were semi dangerous from set pieces - but my overall assessment of their quality was very low (Knockaert the exception when he wasn't throwing himself to the floor or whining like a little girl). 37% possession at home was a fair summing up of the game and their sole ambition was scrapping for a point. They also set up to defend deep and this will be perfect for Roberts and Bidwell to hold advanced positions unless they suddenly change plan.

Good news, Sammy Ameobi, Scott McKenna and Samba Sow miss out injured, that's a lot of Ssssssss.

They are keeping a high line at the back, compressing the space between the front and back. This is going to be tough.

They are far better structured in defence, very close 3 lines of defence.

We are letting them have too much room. Our midfield need to be tighter together. We cant allow opportunities like that.

They are playing our structure well. They know we dont press up front, so they have an out ball backwards if they need it. We may need to adjust our play, as they are growing into the match.

Well done Freddie, we need to be very careful, a touch on that and it was a goal.

We arent coping with their front press well. Need to think about how to get past it.

Absorb and counter, they are playing too well.

That was very poor who was marking the corner taker and off the bar.

0-0 halftime.

Lucky to be going in @ 0-0 half-time!! We need to buck up, second half.

I doubt whether the Forest keeper has had an easier half this season.

We are lucky they haven't then better care of the ball.

Not turned up again, teams who press us up high, always get the better of us. We battered these the other day. Come on the SWANS. FFS.

They've shut down our wingbacks so we have no options.

They are still making inroads everytime they move forward. we dont have control of this match.

Like watching an end of season game between two bottom half teams ffs.

Needed a better delivery, again they hit on the counter and get a shot in. We cant keep allowing that.

Hesus, that was so close. we are living on borrowed time here.

Why is he waiting to make changes. 20 mins in and it hasnt got better.

Seems like we have been out-thought by Houghton tonight.

Forest look far more threatening than Swans.

Best we can hope for is 0-0 last night.

Ohh we are living on the edge, good block by bidwell.

We're lucky to be still in this. Lucky Murray is on the bench.

Their corners are far more dangerous than ours.

How are we still in this??

Another shot from them just off target.

Get in.

Your beauty.

Forest must be sick of Conor Roberts this season.

For Chirst's sake, hold on boys! Don't deserve this at all but pretty pretty much par for the course for our season.

How we have won that match i do not know....well yes I do we scored and they didnt. up to 3rd place.

Brentford have lost 2-1. How many get out of jail cards does SC have, two played today.

For f***s sake, how did we manage to win. Boy are we riding our luck, long may it continue, especially with Brentford imploding.

Shocking performance, as lethargic as it gets. Embarrassed to take the 3 points there.

We didn't dominate them but that's a lot different to us being poor. Another win, another clean sheet against a very tricky opponent on a run of form. Not embarrassed at all by that!

First double over Forest since before the war .. that’s the only exciting thing I learned tonight . Should have been stuffed off the pitch . It’s results like these that could get us promoted. .. unbelievable.

That was an absolutely scandalous smash and grab. If I was a Forest fan, I'd be so pissed off right now. It's the type of game where if you can't win, at least make sure you draw, because you sure as hell don't deserve to lose. Yet lose they did. Ouch. It's no fluke on our part though. We've been doing it all season long. It happens too many times to be a fluke.

Some truly naive, embarrassing posts by some usual suspects fair play. Our usual resilience, fight, will to win and nous were head and shoulders. Rinse, repeat. Bennett ran the show.

Any neutral witnessing that match will be dumbfounded as to how Swansea City are promotion challengers. Dire performance resulting in winning goal 3 minutes from time.

We never looked like losing, but a sign of a winning team is that Roberts goal.

Ooofff not sure about that! Dunno how Grabbans shot across goal stayed out, and how they messed up a 3 on 1 break in the second half.

I thought our goal was coming for the last ten minutes and though Forest looked better for most of the game didnt really look like scoring.

They were 20 points behind us for a reason. Now 23.

Forest were the better team but you can see why they don't score many goals.

TBH we certainly rode our luck - with Forest not being up to much they still looked far more likely to score than us until Roberts' goal.

Our failure to not only test keeper Samba but to create decent goal scoring opportunities was a huge disappointment for a team that is linked with an automatic promotion place.

While my opinion of the pitch being on the heavy side from the constant rain certainly didn’t affect the way Lolley and Krovinovic attacked our penalty area. Houghton didn’t set up his team to defend and were by far a more clinical team in their build up while our performance was pedestrian at its best.

"That was an absolutely scandalous smash and grab' Sums it up for me.

At least it does show that we are capable of matching anyone in they league, with this team. I have a feeling that, long term, better is to come, if they keep CH and let him sign the players!
Get safe and then give Hughton the resources to build his squad.

Last night showed that when the side looks solid he will encourage them to play and be a bit more adventurous.

You'd have thought we were higher up, just hope that late goal doesn't shatter the growing confidence. Really need to do better in and around the opponent's box that 3 on 1 was horrible, grabban had the time to take on the last defender and limply passed it to their defender.

"Grow some balls for Christ sake boys, it's Forest we are playing! "

Exactly. Why should a big club like Swansea have anything to fear playing at home against tin pot outfits such as us?

"That was an absolutely scandalous smash and grab' Sums it up for me.

At least it does show that we are capable of matching anyone in they league, with this team. I have a feeling that, long term, better is to come, if they keep CH and let him sign the players!

Would that go as far as financing the purchase of Garner?

Thanks CP - I've been awol due to work, but appreciate you taking the time to do this, given the circumstances.

For me, there is always a 'lucky' team, a team that just seems to get the rub of the green more than they should and Swansea fit that category this season.

Taking aside the FA Cup game, where the 'non' penalty changed the game - at the CG, the tackle from behind on Colback never got a booking and then last night, where it was out lack of clinical finishing that won them the game.

Luck does tend to even itself out & I hope it does for Swansea.

Thanks again CP!!