Swansea 2 City 3 FA Cup 6th round post match reaction | Page 2 | Vital Football

Swansea 2 City 3 FA Cup 6th round post match reaction

Alan Shearer
Former England captain on BBC One
It is very wrong and very unfair. Swansea's stadium could have been equipped for VAR, they were a Premier League team not long ago and they will feel hard done by tonight and rightly so

Life at times is wrong and very unfair Alan - look to the authorities.

I can't recall much sympathy for City when the chips didn't fall out way and we didn't get decisions.

Posted at 19:3819:38
Post update
Swansea 2-3 Manchester City
I'm not sure I agree with this idea that if there's VAR at one game, it should be at another. Each match is self-contained, so on any particular game, it's the same for both sides.
Anyway, to Molineux...
Rag fans were crowing when we were two nil down that they were destined to win the cup.
Tossers.

Atomic Agüero Fires City Back To Wembley

Johnny On The Spot: #FIGHTBACK! Manchester City’s enduring talisman Sergio Agüero had seen enough. Stripped from a seated bench start the Argentinian hotshot led a rip-roaring assault upon a shell-shocked Swansea.

How Agüero remains unheralded in England despite putting in season after season of absolute consistency and deadly accuracy is one of the stunning mysteries of the Premier League era. There was an element of “here comes the cavalry” in the eyes of City’s other outstanding performer on the night, Bernardo Silva. This brilliant footballer, still renowned as “Bubble Gum” on the French riviera where his ability to play as if the ball is glued to his feet was legendary at Monaco, had already started an extraordinary fightback with a sumptuous outside of his left foot goal. All of a sudden there was a zip and cutting edge to City’s performance which for far too long in this classic FA Cup contest had been sadly lacking. City had been transformed from being unable to beat the first man in the area coming in from the wings to utterly swarming over their hosts like killer bees.

Without wishing to take anything away from a game Swansea who in the first half provided plenty of endeavour going forward, in these pages I have often suggested that when on the type of winning run that Pep Guardiola’s Blues currently are, the only way they will lose is if they contrive to beat themselves. Step forward the two polar opposites to the aforementioned Bernardo and Kun. In naval terms, in key positions, Fabian Delph was lost at sea whilst Riyad “Rodney” Mahrez was simply rudderless. Their collective indecision and wastefulness flooded through the side quite remarkably. As the wasted corners, spurned gilt-edged chances and silly offsides mounted up, so too did the loss of possession despite being offered up acres of space to operate in. Both men were hooked and can expect to be benched for City’s trip to Fulham as our lengthy injury list is eased by a perfectly timed international break.

The Blues, with one cup already bagged, will shortly enter the penultimate month of an already incredible season battling to defend their Premier League title, an FA Cup semi-final secured and a Champions League Quarter Final on the horizon. The omens remain exceedingly good. 64 goals have been scored in 2019 with only 10 conceded, a whopping 142 netted across the four campaigns.

The City side were roared on by a boisterous 3,500 strong travelling support and the scenes when Kun struck the winner were memorable. It could yet prove to be the case that “The Liberty Fightback” will provide the launchpad for a big, big season finish.

JB’s Man of The Match: Bernardo Silva. Player of the Season elect.

https://manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/atomic-aguero-fires-city-back-to-wembley/

Posted at 19:3819:38
Post update
Swansea 2-3 Manchester City
I'm not sure I agree with this idea that if there's VAR at one game, it should be at another. Each match is self-contained, so on any particular game, it's the same for both sides.
Anyway, to Molineux...

This is where Hartson etc al's argument falls down. Had those decisions gone in Swansea's favour they would not have been complaining. Hartson especially would have been saying "well, it's not Swansea's fault but you have go with the decisions of the officials".

Graham Potter speaks! Is he proud or frustrated? “Mostly proud to be honest. We were incredible and showed great courage against a top team. They had some chances and we had some luck, but in the end it was a fantastic effort. With the quality they have, we knew we probably needed another goal. The penalty is touch and go, if I’m being kind to the referee. The winner is offside, which is disappointing for the players. Overall Manchester City had chances, I can’t deny they deserved to win the game. But it’s disappointing to lose goals in that manner. But that’s life, and referees make mistakes as well.” A really gentlemanly response to a disappointing end to Swansea’s cup run.