keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Form Guide last 6 matches:
Swans W2 D3 L1 F11 A9 Pts9
Millwall W3 D2 L1 F6 A5 Pts11

Last time out:
Millwall 0 Rotherham 0
Bris City 2 Swans 0

Looks as if Fer is out for a few weeks more with his hamstring injury.
Routledge and James back in training.
We need to win this one to get back on track, but it’s going to be tough with a depleted squad due to the foolhardy, imprudent, ill-considered, injudicious, improvident, rash, overhasty, careless, ill-advised, unthinking, ill-conceived, inconsiderate, incautiously reckless fire sale recently.

Leading scorer McBurnie is doubtful for this afternoon.
There’s a protest march against the owners starting at Castle Gardens in the city centre at midday and marching to the stadium, good luck to them.

Gutted that McBurnie is out. we're just not the same side without him and CBR coming in. Miss that link-up play.

You'd think we would win this one but Millwall are anti-football and could make it difficult for us.

Team captain and midfield general Fer, and leading scorer McBurnie both missing
is a big blow. Moral is already at a new low after the fire sale part 2 and Potter has done wonders so far under adverse conditions.
With a protest march from the city centre to the ground planned before the match today, I wonder if the owners from across the sea will take any notice at all of the fans unrest at what is going on with our club.

Match Statistics:
Swans 1 (Byers 43’) - Millwall 0
Possession: 62% - 38%
Shots: 15 - 11
On Target: 5 - 3
Corners: 9 - 5
Fouls: 8 - 10
Attendance: 18,650
Referee : Our “friend” (not) from the PL Kevin Friend

Last edited:
Team: Mulder, Roberts, Hoorn, Vickers, John (Naughton 60’), Byers, Grimes, Celina, James, Richardson (McBurnie 70’), Routledge (Fulton 94’)
Subs: Dyer, Fulton, McBurnie, Naughton, Nordfelt, Asoro, McKay

Last edited:
A win yesterday was a relief after the turmoil of the last few weeks, and also to keep a clean sheet. Millwall were well supported and their fans made plenty of noise throughout. We knew it was going to be a tough game as they are a good side, and recently beat Everton in the Cup, so were in decent form. But we were looking to bounce back after the Bristol defeat and started the match strongly.
Dan James was welcomed back into the fold after his traumatic deadline day transfer debacle and he soon showed what Leeds missed out on with some great wing play.
McBurnie managed to make the subs bench after returning from illness, and Byers and John kept their places from last week. Baker-Richardson led the line in place of McBurnie, and Routledge returned from injury.
Plenty of possession first half with Byers and Grimes combining well in midfield. Hoorn headed over the bar on 24’ and Grimes goal bound free kick on 34’ bringing out a fine save from Archer, before Byers left foot shot gave us a deserved lead just before half time.
Second half it all changed as Millwall came out fighting, and Mulder made a few fine saves from Romeo, Wallace, and Thompson. McBurnie came on and headed wide from a good position, with both teams attacking, as James and Celina both had shots blocked. Hutchinson and Cooper both shot narrowly wide in injury time as Millwall almost equalised, but overall the Swans deserved the win.

A quick mention for the fans protest march before the match, after a week of drama at the Liberty, with Chairman Huw Jenkins resigning over the James transfer and other shenanigans at the club.
A hardy one hundred or more supporters stood chanting protests against the owners outside the main reception area of the stadium, having marched through the rain showers from the city centre. I stood with them for a while until the heavens opened again and I had to run for shelter. The object of the march was achieved with the Press there to give it all publicity so well done to them.

Fair play to them for marching but I can't see much point of it and made little sense to me. They're not going to sell up because a few hundred fans walked miles from castle square to the stadium!

I don’t think they would like the bad publicity if it reached the news over there.
Now that we’re out of the PL it’s probably unlikely a Championship club would attract any attention.
Unfortunately it looks as if they can do what they like.