W Barnsley 1 - Rotherham 0
L Preston 2 - Barnsley 0
D Barnsley 2 - Norwich 2
L Barnsley 0 - Swans 1

Swans last 6 home matches
18 WWLDLL W2 D1 L3 F6 A7 Pts7

Barnsley last 6 away matches
3 WWWLWL W4 D0 L2 F9 A8 Pts12

The recent Form Guide tells us that both sides are stronger away from home, Barnsley with 4 wins from the last 6 away matches.
Swans home form has been poor recently but let’s hope that the presence of 3k Jack Army fans for the first time this season at the Liberty will lift the players.

Three thousand Jack Army fans will be there on Saturday, 2,999 and me.
I got the “your in” e-mail notification this morning.
Face coverings at the fixture are mandatory apparently, and will be issued free of charge. I wonder how the Barnsley supporters were watching without masks at Oakwell, or are there different rules in England?

There’s a lot riding on today’s match. If we lose, the loan players will disappear and others will be out of contract, there will be no parachute payments for next season, and West Brom and Palace will be looking to steal our manager.
If we win, we go to Wembley, where the winner takes all. Lose there and the previous scenario applies. Win and there’s a possibility of keeping the loan players and the manager, and bringing in some quality players to boost the squad.
I know which scenario I’d prefer.

Brentford beat 10 man Bournemouth 3-1 to book their Wembley place.
We drew both games against Brentford this season 1-1

The teams:

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.
Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Connor Roberts, Ryan Manning, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibueadiere, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

Barnsley: Brad Collins; Toby Sibbick, Mads Andersen, Michal Helik; Callum Brittain, Romal Palmer, Alex Mowatt (captain), Callum Styles; Carlton Morris, Cauley Woodrow, Victor Adeboyejo.
Substitutes: Jack Walton, Jordan Williams, Liam Kitching, Daryl Dike, Conor Chaplin, Aapo Halme, Michael Sollbauer, Dominik Frieser, Jasper Moon.

Last edited:
Swans v Barnsley
Possession: 47% - 53%
Pass accuracy: 43% - 53%
Passes attempted: 322 - 348
Passes completed: 139 - 183
Shots: 4 - 12
On target: 2 - 3
Corners: 2 - 5
Fouls: 7 - 17
Cards: 1Y - 0Y

Head Coach Valerian Ismael was magnanimous in defeat:
“Congratulations to Swansea. I think they deserve to be in the final. When you see the two games, they were really clinical. They scored with their first shot on target in the first game and today only one shot on target was in. We did our job. We scored a goal away. We wanted to stay in the game all the time. Swansea's quality made the difference, it's as simple as that.”