Support for Gills Fans Family | Vital Football

Support for Gills Fans Family

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
Some of you may be aware of Olly the Gills fan via FB or Twitter. He and his wife suffered a recent tragic double bereavement and he quoted Saturdays win as part of his healing process. RCC dedicated his goal to him and Steve Evans took time to call the family today.
There is an unwritten unity among football fans and it is so pleasing to hear that the Gills community is as strong as any.
As a sign of support for Olly and his wife there is a movement growing to start a minutes applause on 13 minutes into the Rotherham game on Saturday. Forgive me not knowing the relevance of 13 minutes but the reason for this post is to spread the word. In difficult times this can only be a positive contribution to help Olly and his wife know others are thinking of him.
Please pass on to anyone you know is attending on Saturday. Thanks.

Some of you may be aware of Olly the Gills fan via FB or Twitter. He and his wife suffered a recent tragic double bereavement and he quoted Saturdays win as part of his healing process. RCC dedicated his goal to him and Steve Evans took time to call the family today.
There is an unwritten unity among football fans and it is so pleasing to hear that the Gills community is as strong as any.
As a sign of support for Olly and his wife there is a movement growing to start a minutes applause on 13 minutes into the Rotherham game on Saturday. Forgive me not knowing the relevance of 13 minutes but the reason for this post is to spread the word. In difficult times this can only be a positive contribution to help Olly and his wife know others are thinking of him.
Please pass on to anyone you know is attending on Saturday. Thanks.

Should have attached this to the original post...

I also saw this on twitter. Absolutely tragic and so, so sad.

I’m about to become a grandad for the first time myself in 6 weeks or so, and it really puts a lot of stuff into perspective.

Thoughts with Olly and his family. And it is nice to hear the things the club and Steve Evans have done. Indeed football is a community.