Superbowl XLVIII | Vital Football

Superbowl XLVIII

i'd rather watch sports than 4 hours of adverts and players taking 2 minute breaks after every 10 seconds of play. worst sport imaginable.

Cricket's played and watched by more people making it the better sport both to play and watch than american pad up like a tampon (stop the game I need to catch my breath) throwy catchy ball. According to the human race anyway.

Watched it, had a great time at our party but terrible spectacle having such a one sided match.

Do I think it's a great sport? No. But it is still a better spectacle than cricket by far...

meee93 - 4/2/2014 03:24

Watched it, had a great time at our party but terrible spectacle having such a one sided match.

Do I think it's a great sport? No. But it is still a better spectacle than cricket by far...

Exactly. It's by no means great but it's a spectacle.

Better game was Seahawks vs. 49ers.

Watched it with some pride as I had a Bronco's cap for Christmas from my Denver born son in law. The pride didn't last long. They got stuffed. A really unexpected finish to what was thought to be a great opportunity for the Broncos to clean up. Seattle played them off the park in all departments. Ok it was an unfortunate start to the game with Peyton Manning letting the ball fly past him in the first few minutes and Seattle getting an immediate 2 points. I think it demoralised them and the Seahawks took advantage and fought like Trojans.

'Well deserved win for Seattle, some great runs and plays.

My son in law is "in sackcloth and ashes". Awwwww.

'Peyton manning letting the ball fly past him'!! It wasn't his fault! The snap was terrible! I feel sorry for Manning as the team around him just failed to function on so many levels yet he gets so much of the blame!

I'm a working class lad from the Creggan - but give me a good test Match any day than that sorry excuse for sport they have the nerve to call 'football' - utter commercial shite, not a sport any more!

(Mind you, all sport is being sucked into this commercial brain death slowly and inexorably.)

Innispurs - 5/2/2014 01:10

I'm a working class lad from the Creggan - but give me a good test Match any day than that sorry excuse for sport they have the nerve to call 'football' - utter commercial shite, not a sport any more!

(Mind you, all sport is being sucked into this commercial brain death slowly and inexorably.)

Rugby forever!!

80deg16minW - 5/2/2014 01:25

Innispurs - 5/2/2014 01:10

Rugby forever!!

Ah, rugby! Being slowly and inexorably pulled into commercial brain death as well. Witness the pathetic struggles here over the Heineken Cup European competition.

meee93 - 5/2/2014 01:00

'Peyton manning letting the ball fly past him'!! It wasn't his fault! The snap was terrible! I feel sorry for Manning as the team around him just failed to function on so many levels yet he gets so much of the blame!

Yeah, I said that wrong, 'agreed, it wasn't his fault. The team DID let him down. They just didn't turn up.
I disagree with what 'Innis' has said. It IS a sport, not our kind of sport, I agree but it has it's own technicalities and takes quite a bit of understanding with all the plays and variations of strategy. It's not an ideal sport to watch, I find the plays happen so quickly, it's not always easy to see what has happened, the outcome is obvious but how it happened not so obvious. TV can help by showing the play slowed down in replay. I suppose if you've been brought up with it as my son in law has, it's easier to enjoy.