Superb Times article. | Vital Football

Superb Times article.

Yes read this this morning - poor Hecky having to manage that situation.

Made me think - would love to know the 'behind the scenes' story of how this season has panned out. Its definitely unique and hopefully a one-off for us and probably the PLeague in its awfulness. Hopefully its something we look back on and laugh about in a few years time.

Hope someone is writing it all down and puts pen to paper.

And on the same subject, although it looks like Wilder has lost the players, he has to keep positive and motivational. A lot of what is going on is a confidence thing. They are now being roundly laughed at - it must be horrific. In circumstances like these you need the strongest leader.

We will be back - of that I am sure.

Random thoughts - have a good day all.

When I asked if the prince was going to be better I was laughed at, how could he be worse they said?

It's nowt we didn't alredy know, just a re-hash of what's happened.
We all knew the sales( Berge &Illy) would affect morale just as they did our own.

We all knew the squad was threadbare, we all know that reciuitment at SUFC is as bad s it can be.

We all new we were up for sale so no surprises there.

Crowds walking out is nothing new in sport when a team under performs and, surprise, surprise, it affects morale.

It must have been a very slow news day for this article to get such prominence and column inches.

Basically it's a precis of what's been, and being, said on here over the past 9 months.
The only difference is Gregor Robertson (who?) is getting paid handsomely for regurgitating what we all know.

I think you are being very harsh TT.
Of course we all knew the facts (more or less) but this piece isn’t for us, but for the rest of the football world who are having a great laugh at our expense.
I think it makes a pleasant change to see a sports journalist finding out the facts first and then constructing an article to report them.
A very pleasant change from the usual lazy hacks who base their articles on unresearched, preconceived ideas, or ignorance, usually just trying to get a reaction.

P.S. Gregor Robertson had a long playing career with a lot of clubs mainly in the lower leagues.
He also has a criminal record for head-butting a taxi driver while in a state of inebriation.
He writes a weekly article for the Times.
Personally, I think this is a decent piece of journalism. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Sums up why you should never trust an Arab, never mind one in charge of your beloved footy club. I learned from personal experience while serving in The Arsehole Of Arabia in 67 how their intent on killing the Infidel was all consuming with never a face to face confrontation, talk about "Watch Your Back!" Good mates who now lie in "Silent Valley" CWGC forever in the baking sun paid the ultimate price for their devious ways. The sooner he f..ks off the better!!

I think you are being very harsh TT.
Of course we all knew the facts (more or less) but this piece isn’t for us, but for the rest of the football world who are having a great laugh at our expense.
I think it makes a pleasant change to see a sports journalist finding out the facts first and then constructing an article to report them.
A very pleasant change from the usual lazy hacks who base their articles on unresearched, preconceived ideas, or ignorance, usually just trying to get a reaction.

P.S. Gregor Robertson had a long playing career with a lot of clubs mainly in the lower leagues.
He also has a criminal record for head-butting a taxi driver while in a state of inebriation.
He writes a weekly article for the Times.
Personally, I think this is a decent piece of journalism. Just my opinion of course.
Not that harsh-I'm not so sure it's as in depth and well researched as you say Biggles.

As I said it's just a re-hash of what we know and have written about on here. I doubt anyone who follows football is not aware of some of our our circumstances but, yes, it may have fleshed it out for some.

Bringing it to a wider audience might have benefits but, knowing the average football fan, they'll either sympathise or dismiss it . Whichever way they go, as is the nature of the beast, they'll still take the p**s.

Good to see the Times rehabilitaing known criminals though :eek:

A pretty predictable piece rehashing a load of stuff as gospel that are only assumptions, that turns into a referendum on leaving early.

For me, the most important question is how, bearing in mind we've had three seasons of full PL money and parachute payments in between, we have ended up skint. We could say that in Berge, McBurnie and Brewster, with wages, that's £100m down the shitter, for very little return. But that's only £100m. 3 years of PL payments is £500m.

So the question as always is 'weers muneh gone?'

A pretty predictable piece rehashing a load of stuff as gospel that are only assumptions, that turns into a referendum on leaving early.

For me, the most important question is how, bearing in mind we've had three seasons of full PL money and parachute payments in between, we have ended up skint. We could say that in Berge, McBurnie and Brewster, with wages, that's £100m down the shitter, for very little return. But that's only £100m. 3 years of PL payments is £500m.

So the question as always is 'weers muneh gone?'
Finance the Princes United World vanity project. He looked on as McCabe did exactly the same and failed so decided to repeat that mistake. While Abdullah is owner I can feel the power shifting in Sheffield. There is every chance we will be even more threadbare next season, by the time Mr Liverpool investment is done.

A club source claims Paul Heckingbottom was aware of both the club's intention to consider offers for Sander Berge and Berge's intention to leave the club. Heckingbottom was kept up to date throughout the window, except when he didn't pick up the phone on the night the deal to sell Berge was agreed. Heckingbottom found out the next morning when, unbeknownst to the club, the Norwegian had already travelled to Burnley.

Finance the Princes United World vanity project. He looked on as McCabe did exactly the same and failed so decided to repeat that mistake. While Abdullah is owner I can feel the power shifting in Sheffield. There is every chance we will be even more threadbare next season, by the time Mr Liverpool investment is done.
I'm not convinced. I'm sure I've heard HRH say that United don't fund United World. Kerala FC, Beerschot and La Berrichonne didn't cost £400m. I still want to see the accounts....

Last edited:
Yes read this this morning - poor Hecky having to manage that situation.

Made me think - would love to know the 'behind the scenes' story of how this season has panned out. Its definitely unique and hopefully a one-off for us and probably the PLeague in its awfulness. Hopefully its something we look back on and laugh about in a few years time.

Hope someone is writing it all down and puts pen to paper.

And on the same subject, although it looks like Wilder has lost the players, he has to keep positive and motivational. A lot of what is going on is a confidence thing. They are now being roundly laughed at - it must be horrific. In circumstances like these you need the strongest leader.

We will be back - of that I am sure.

Random thoughts - have a good day all.
Yes, we will be back. Has Wilder lost the players? Lost the dressing room is the kind of media talk but what does that actually mean? respect gone, tactics, players saying that this guy doesn't know what he is doing, players thinking that they should be first on the team sheet? Wilder has got a massive motivation job on and getting them to perform on the day when there isn't an outstanding talent that could lift them will be difficult but not impossible. Put the young guys in, take a risk what have I to loose he may be thinking, good result and I am king, poor result and crucified. Tough times but let's all back the club we love knowing that Wilder is one of us, feels the pain. Bournemouth next and a win for the blades, keep the faith, please....

A True Blade will Always be a BLADE whatever happens to our beloved club!

Yes, those of us who still bought a season ticket and went to all the matches we could - home and away - when we were languishing in the 4th division - take pride in the fact that “we were there”.
Somewhat bizarrely, although the season before is best forgotten, we all remember that season in the 4th., with pleasure.

Yes, those of us who still bought a season ticket and went to all the matches we could - home and away - when we were languishing in the 4th division - take pride in the fact that “we were there”.
Somewhat bizarrely, although the season before is best forgotten, we all remember that season in the 4th., with pleasure.
I really enjoyed that season. I was distraught when we got relegated but enjoyed going to grounds I'd not been to before. Plus we kept winning which helps.

Still my favourite season following United Leicester was special but as a whole the memories are more vivid from the 4th except for Darlington where they are very sketchy 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

Seeing the Blades piss the Division a pleasure to behold which made the darkest hour a million times brighter, dazzled by the Golden boot of goal maestro Keith Edwards. Regardless of which Division, victory is as sweet as any. "Gerram in Landlord!!!!"

I wonder which member of the coaching staff Jack Lester's ex teammate Gregor 'I'll stick the nut on you' Robertson spoke to. 🤔

Not that there's anything new or contentious written here. I do disagree with keeping Sharp around on 20k a week to be a cheerleader though. Having seen him berate Osula on the pitch for the benefit of the crowd and how, by his own admission, he sulks when he's not playing I don't know what marked improvement he'd have made.

As an article it serves as a window into why we're as pathetic as we are, which is a question fans who don't follow us are asking. The responsibility ultimately rests with Abdullah but by no means should the players and manager be let off the hook.

When I asked if the prince was going to be better I was laughed at, how could he be worse they said?
How is he worse than the other complete tw ats we have had, he is just another in a long line who should be no where near it. Mc wa nker brought him in didn't he.