Super League ? | Vital Football

Super League ?

seac

Vital Squad Member
Reported in several papers including the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/12180296/Top-Premier-League-clubs-meet-to-discuss-breakaway-super-league.html

Does anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable with this ?

Jumping on the bandwagon with the bunch of Tw@ts who tried to exclude City from their cosy little CL club, sticks in my throat a bit.

This subject has been mooted for years and stalled on every occasion. In fact I do believe several years ago the top-cheeses discussed a breakaway hence the creation of the Champions League.

I'm all in favour of keeping it the way it is. The CL does its job while the Premier League continues to grow in strength, Plus, its taking over the world as the best domestic league, watched every week by millions.

Another thing...SKY and BT Sport will have a big say in all of this.

IMO I'm more than happy with the status quo.

Express reporting that they weren't discussing breakaway league but a summer tournament

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/649095/Revealed-Premier-League-big-five-really-discussed-secret-London-meeting

Too early to say, I would not be in favour of a break away from the Premier, however there are always exceptions to everything.

A summer tournament involving these clubs would actually be a big money maker and in view of FFP, which still hangs around everyones neck we could do with all the profit possible.

A tournament like this would allow us to find out what we have in EDS terms.

It could be that England want another two teams in the CL, but that would mean an even bigger fixture back log and a club versus country tug of war.

Until the full details are disclosed (if ever), then it's hard to pass substantive comment.

The idea does sit uneasily though. Is it fair to say that the French, Germans, and Spanish have brought this to pass because of their own domestic policies/situation?
Is the PL going the same way, or have the other clubs been given enough of a slice?