Super Kent | Vital Football

Super Kent

Just listened to it.

Great.

First finals since 2009.

I actually fancied our chances with a score of 162. Supposedly below par but Canterbury is not a particularly high scoring pitch.

Btw, the oppos call themselves Birmimgham ffs. Deserve to lose just for that.

How to bowl to tailenders in T20 -
Adam Milne - 90 mph toe breaking yorkers

How not to bowl to tailenders in T20 -
Frederick Klaasen - length balls and width.
Hence why some little fat tailender with big forearms was able to free his arms and carve Klaasen all over the place until Milne got rid of him with his last ball. Klaasen nearly blew it for us and yet he played for one of the teams in the Hundred !

Special mention for our other overseas player - Qais Ahmed. Being from Afghanistan, you would think he would have enough on his mind but he bowled his 4 overs for only 13 runs as well as picking up 2 wickets. Pure class.

Should be excellent days cricket at Lords,Drummond and Billings stars with bat Qais brilliant 4 overs.

Should be excellent days cricket at Lords,Drummond and Billings stars with bat Qais brilliant 4 overs.
It's at Edgbaston Ian, agreed should be a good day, hopefully our two overseas bowlers are available, if so I fancy our chances

Last edited:
How to bowl to tailenders in T20 -
Adam Milne - 90 mph toe breaking yorkers

How not to bowl to tailenders in T20 -
Frederick Klaasen - length balls and width.
Hence why some little fat tailender with big forearms was able to free his arms and carve Klaasen all over the place until Milne got rid of him with his last ball. Klaasen nearly blew it for us and yet he played for one of the teams in the Hundred !

Special mention for our other overseas player - Qais Ahmed. Being from Afghanistan, you would think he would have enough on his mind but he bowled his 4 overs for only 13 runs as well as picking up 2 wickets. Pure class.
Spot on GBN.
For some time I've wondered what is the point of Klaasen, apart from giving the other team a chance. Stevens should walk in to that team.

Just as a matter of interest, when people complain about ticket prices, the cheapest seats as per the Edgbaston ticketing website are £177 per seat.

Just as a matter of interest, when people complain about ticket prices, the cheapest seats as per the Edgbaston ticketing website are £177 per seat.

Finals day is nearly always close to a sell out, so they obviously think they can sell them at that price. Probably inflated in the same way as holiday cottages this year.

I wonder how much Kent CCC will directly receive? Their finances were in a parlous state a few years back before they sold part of St Lawrence for the Sainsburys and flats to be built, so I hope this helps them financially, whether they win the trophy or not.

There are so many T20 leagues going on throughout the year in different parts of the world that I am pessimistic that either overseas player will be able to hang around until Sept 18th or be able to come back without an isolation period. If they can not, I don't even fancy our chances against Sussex, but at least we have got the monkey off our back of having lost our last 4 quarter finals, having last reached finals day in 2009.

Must be hospitality tickets as the face value tickets are a lot cheaper than that, but currently sold out. However, I got an email from KCCC today saying members and those of us who bought Blast tickets have a window to purchase finals tickets next week for KCCC.

I enjoyed the match. The ticket and seating allocation was a complete cock-up - half of the ground seemed to be completely rammed and chocker - complete;y Covid unfriendly, and the other half of the ground was shut. Ridiculous organisation - gives GFC a run for their money! We had issues with our seats, but once we found a spot, I ended up thoroughly enjoying the evening. We were probably 20 runs or so shy, but we were completely on the ball with the ball - ultra tight and looked like taking wickets from the off and unlike Brum, we were bang on in field. It was pretty much done by 10 overs, despite Birmingham's late flourish with the fat bald fella slogging a few. Of all the T20 QFs as a neutral, it was probably the worst due to the one-sided nature, but as a Kent fan, I was cock-a-hoop about that! The T20 QFs proved 100% that the Hundred is not in any way needed or wanted, that's for sure!

Apparently we play Sussex, although not sure if that’s 1st or 2nd game. Glad we avoided Somerset who must be favourites.

Somerset may be the bookies' favourites and Hants are clearly the weakest team, but for me the winner or Kent v Sussex are the best teams as think the bowling line-ups are best and ultimately that's the key in T20, despite the batsmen getting the glory.

The T20 QFs proved 100% that the Hundred is not in any way needed or wanted, that's for sure!
It's not "for sure" at all. The Hundred is seen as a success by a lot of people that aren't REAL cricket fans (just like premiershit (sic) football). If county T20 can feed off the increased coverage for cricket from the Hundred that is a good thing for the game.

Must be hospitality tickets as the face value tickets are a lot cheaper than that, but currently sold out. However, I got an email from KCCC today saying members and those of us who bought Blast tickets have a window to purchase finals tickets next week for KCCC.

I enjoyed the match. The ticket and seating allocation was a complete cock-up - half of the ground seemed to be completely rammed and chocker - complete;y Covid unfriendly, and the other half of the ground was shut. Ridiculous organisation - gives GFC a run for their money! We had issues with our seats, but once we found a spot, I ended up thoroughly enjoying the evening. We were probably 20 runs or so shy, but we were completely on the ball with the ball - ultra tight and looked like taking wickets from the off and unlike Brum, we were bang on in field. It was pretty much done by 10 overs, despite Birmingham's late flourish with the fat bald fella slogging a few. Of all the T20 QFs as a neutral, it was probably the worst due to the one-sided nature, but as a Kent fan, I was cock-a-hoop about that! The T20 QFs proved 100% that the Hundred is not in any way needed or wanted, that's for sure!
I think Finals Day is a sell out other than tickets made available to the clubs. Hence the quoted prices are from ticketing sites and are therefore inflated prices. Apologies for any confusion.

It's not "for sure" at all. The Hundred is seen as a success by a lot of people that aren't REAL cricket fans (just like premiershit (sic) football). If county T20 can feed off the increased coverage for cricket from the Hundred that is a good thing for the game.

Sounds like you've sucked up the ECB propaganda re the Hundred, ThreeSixes. They and their broadcasters said it would be a success before it started and they and their broadcasters said it was after. I think the massive success of the T20 QFs in the past week was a reaction and a direct response rather than a "feed off" of the Hundred.

Sounds like you've sucked up the ECB propaganda re the Hundred, ThreeSixes. They and their broadcasters said it would be a success before it started and they and their broadcasters said it was after. I think the massive success of the T20 QFs in the past week was a reaction and a direct response rather than a "feed off" of the Hundred.
But they're not targeting people like you who are fans of County cricket and go to games. They're targeting people like me who like cricket, go to tests, but don't follow anything to do with domestic cricket.

I personally see it benefitting cricket as a whole in England and that includes county cricket. The Hundred is 4 weeks of the year and anyone who gets into cricket because of it isn't going to want to wait 48 weeks before they engage with the sport again. If the counties can't capture their attentions then that's on them, in my opinion.

But they're not targeting people like you who are fans of County cricket and go to games. They're targeting people like me who like cricket, go to tests, but don't follow anything to do with domestic cricket.

I personally see it benefitting cricket as a whole in England and that includes county cricket. The Hundred is 4 weeks of the year and anyone who gets into cricket because of it isn't going to want to wait 48 weeks before they engage with the sport again. If the counties can't capture their attentions then that's on them, in my opinion.
Remember the excitement when England won the World Cup ? It’s a 50 over competition. The only 50 over competition that the players play in now is the Royal London One Day Cup. Where were the bulk of the County players during this competition ? Playing in the Hundred that’s where. The result was that the Royal London Cup became a mickey mouse competition with the counties represented by second eleven players and those who would normally only play in the 4 day competition. Emphasised by the fact that the final was played on a Thursday and not at Lords. If things continue in this way, where are the county players going to come from for the England team for the World Cup ?

No, I didn't "suck up" The Hundred propaganda, I enjoyed it, that's all. In the test match players were scoring 6 runs in 50 balls, in the Hundred it was 60 runs from 35 balls.

If you had The Hundred first, and then made up Test cricket, no one would want the new game with all the action taken out.

I know you won't have watched the Hundred, but it was similar to the Kent / Birmingham (!) T,20 match. Lots of noise, music and runs, and twats in the crowd wearing banana costumes and singing"don't take me home" for 2 hours straight. I don't understand your last sentence. "Reaction" and "direct response" is the same as "feed off" isn't it?