Sunderland given another £10 million to invest... | Vital Football

Sunderland given another £10 million to invest...

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
by their American backers I heard on the EFL show. How can we possibly compete with teams like that? Posh, Portsmouth, Ipswich etc. have all got £1 million plus players in their teams. How much has our most expensive signing cost, anyone know?

The only good thing perhaps is that they can't spend it until the next transfer window, although they could lash out a few bob on a win bonus against us.

I wonder if our chairman might arrive a day early in the north east?
£10 million available now to invest? How about a sleeping giant of a south east team with a stadium project sitting on the back burner just waiting for some cash?

It would help if Evans in some cases didn’t waste money on worse players than we had and played people who we already own and are on contract instead of average kids
None are better than Garmston on that left defensive role but SE and a few on here know better, although who to field there is still a mystery [to them].

It would help if Evans in some cases didn’t waste money on worse players than we had and played people who we already own and are on contract instead of average kids

Who do you have in mind? :fish:

When was the last Gillingham manager (or in fact any manager of any club) that didn’t waste money on players?

Remember Josh Rees, Tehvon Campbell, Billy King? Didn’t Lovell sign those?

Who do you have in mind? :fish:

When was the last Gillingham manager (or in fact any manager of any club) that didn’t waste money on players?

Remember Josh Rees, Tehvon Campbell, Billy King? Didn’t Lovell sign those?
Lovell wasn't as 'experienced' as Evans.

Sunderland is a big club, they belong at a higher level, we shouldn`t be able to compete with them - but we might just sneak a result on Saturday :car:

I got on Transpennine express at Lancaster a few years back en route to Blackpool. The carriage was full of Newcastle supporters going to Preston. I told then I was a Gills supporter and got cheered and was four cans of Newcastle Brown better off.

I'm sure that we played Sunderland many years ago up there and their gate was swelled by Newcastle fans hoping to see Sunderland lose!

I'm sure that we played Sunderland many years ago up there and their gate was swelled by Newcastle fans hoping to see Sunderland lose!

They had their own section of the stand to the left of us. The coaches drove out of sunderland in a convoy and there were people standing at their gates cheering us . Weird but great fun