Summer | Vital Football

Summer

kickingimp

Vital Squad Member
Does anyone else get the feeling that we are going to have a massively busy summer fielding enquiries for our players.

We are already aware that clubs want Woodyard. Who else?

I can see a few offers coming in for Raggett, Habergham, Waterfall.

Will the fishy folk be tempted to try and lure in Arnold again?

Doubt they'll go for Arnold, but Bignot was at the game last night, according to the TV coverage, along with the Peterborough boss(probably having a look at Anderson & especially Angol) & at least three others.

By our standards a bit of a gap now until Saturday - maybe an opportunity for some more contract work.

Unfortunately for other Clubs, Woodyard, Raggett, Arnold, Rhead, Habergham are all under contract next season already so it'll take decent offers to prise them away (and offers we can afford to reject now unless it's silly money).

Won't just be players in demand will it. Really hope we can make the step up, far less likely that anyone would become unsettled if we do.

Is anyone IKN about the contract status of the players

Farman
Wood
Long
Waterfall
Raggett
Habergham
Beevers
Howe
McCombe

Woodyard
Mills
Power
Whitehouse
Arnold
Hawridge
Muldoon
Marriott
Rhead

At Other Clubs
Angol (Peterborough)
Anderson (Peterborough)
Margetts (Scunny)
Calder (Villa)
Knott (Gillingham)
Ginnelli (Burnley)

PerthImp - 4/4/2017 11:58

Doubt they'll go for Arnold, but Bignot was at the game last night, according to the TV coverage, along with the Peterborough boss(probably having a look at Anderson & especially Angol) & at least three others.

If anyone leaves us for Grimsby against our wishes then words will fail me

Red Wimp - 4/4/2017 20:13

My thoughts exactly. If and it is a big if we are in league 1 next year we should be a better attraction to players than the Cods. Same league but better ground, nicer place to live, up and coming management team/club. Surely we would be able to match them for wages now as well, having had some success.

hulloutpost - 4/4/2017 20:49

My thoughts exactly. If and it is a big if we are in league 1 next year we should be a better attraction to players than the Cods. Same league but better ground, nicer place to live, up and coming management team/club. Surely we would be able to match them for wages now as well, having had some success.

If we get to League 1 next year the Cowleys really are miracle workers

Red Wimp - 5/4/2017 19:39

hulloutpost - 4/4/2017 20:49

If we get to League 1 next year the Cowleys really are miracle workers
Don't confuse (calendar) year and season!

16/17 Nat Lg
17/18 L2
18/19 L1