Summer | Vital Football

Summer

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
Starts today please commence getting burnt to a crisp, moaning about the heat and eating your body weight in BBQ burgers and sausages. Remember shorts are now apparently acceptable to wear.

I'm confused.

Isn't it midsummers day on Saturday?

So if today is the starts and Saturday is mid summer, then summer ends next week???

Today is the longest day, the days will shorted by 2 minutes a day from here on in....

Summer solstice = the official start of summer.

Splitters will insist it is June 1

I think we need a referendum on this.
I'm declaring for 1st June camp and am now accepting donations for my campaign. I'm promising 3 more weeks of proper summer and will have a big bus saying that the money spent on emergency heating during the first part of September would be better used on the HSE in Ireland and the NHS in the UK.

BBJ - 21/6/2017 14:45

I'm declaring for 1st June camp and am now accepting donations for my campaign. I'm promising 3 more weeks of proper summer and will have a big bus saying that the money spent on emergency heating during the first part of September would be better used on the HSE in Ireland and the NHS in the UK.

I'm offering summer to end later and Autumn to start later.

SKEGGY - 21/6/2017 16:40

BBJ - 21/6/2017 14:45

I'm offering summer to end later and Autumn to start later.

What are your plans for the NHS?

Well it looks like Summer is over, at least this year it lasted the full 3 days.

col8 - 22/6/2017 07:45

Well it looks like Summer is over, at least this year it lasted the full 3 days.

Grey skies and a good chance of a shower how much more Summery can it get?

The school holidays start in Ireland from today and this morning our grandchildren went off for their last day in their winter coats.