Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Blackpool and Ipswich Town are showing an interest in Scunthorpe United winger Alex Gilliead, sources have exclusively told Football League World.

Gilliead – who joined Scunthorpe on a permanent deal from Shrewsbury Town in 2019 – is entering the final few months of his contract at Glanford Park.
The winger has been a key player for Neil Cox’s side this season, making 35 appearances in Sky Bet League Two, scoring once and chipping in with four assists.
Last season, the 25-year-old also scored six goals in 35 league outings, before the League Two season was curtailed.
Gilliead is now understood to be attracting interest from League One. Sources have told Football League World Blackpool hold a strong interest in the winger, as they prepare to strengthen their squad in the summer.
Ipswich Town are also understood to have been monitoring the winger’s progress and situation heading into the summer.
Both Blackpool and Ipswich will be hoping to finish in the League One play-off places this season, with the Tangerines up to sixth after going unbeaten in their last 11 games.
Paul Cook’s Ipswich, meanwhile, sit two points off the play-offs in 11th spot, having gone winless in their last three matches.

Its quite obvious that Yates is one of our better, stronger signings,
It is totally negative to cash in, or even talk of cashing in when we are supposed to be a club moving forward.

This summer will be an interesting one for Transfer Fees, will the market see a bit of a reset given the financial pressures of COVID?

Turning down a 10x return for Yates within a year would be difficult, there's no way the club can't have been making a substantial loss this season.

If we had the choice of Simms, Gabriel + £500k in the bank for Yates - would you take it?

Hypothetical question.

This summer will be an interesting one for Transfer Fees, will the market see a bit of a reset given the financial pressures of COVID?

Turning down a 10x return for Yates within a year would be difficult, there's no way the club can't have been making a substantial loss this season.

If we had the choice of Simms, Gabriel + £500k in the bank for Yates - would you take it?

No

So if Yates is say £2m, then Gabriel say £300k absolute max and Simms say £750K, plus the £500k in the bank then it's short also why spend money on Gabriel if (yes if) Turton signs?

No

So if Yates is say £2m, then Gabriel say £300k absolute max and Simms say £750K, plus the £500k in the bank then it's short also why spend money on Gabriel if (yes if) Turton signs?
I think Gabriel’s worth more than £300k personally, I’d have him in the 500k-750k range given how highly he’s rated at Forest. Point about Turton is fair; but Turtons never going to improve from here on in.

I think Gabriel’s worth more than £300k personally, I’d have him in the 500k-750k range given how highly he’s rated at Forest. Point about Turton is fair; but Turtons never going to improve from here on in.
Forest tied Gabriel to a new contract until 2024 just before he came here. On that basis I'd imagine they value him significantly higher (unfortunately).

I like Gabriel a lot, I prefer him to Turton. Clearly Turton is a better defender but slow play up and Gabriel has great energy. My valuation on Gabriel is based on what I think his value to is. The fact that Forest value him higher is academic but that was your challenge I suppose. There are other options to Gabriel for less money.

I know people are saying if we have ambition that we should be hanging on to Jerry. My opinion is that this is not our money, by paying for him and putting him on a long contract shows ambition. If we sell him for good money then this shows young talent that we are club that can develop players and not stand in their way. That must make us attractive to players so win win??

The squad size cap was supposed to work in tandem with the salary cap to keep finances under control, especially during Covid. With the salary cap being scrapped, I can see no point in having a squad size cap. Even moreso when there are different size caps between the Championship and the other divisions, even though they play the same number of games. The EFL are true to firm because it is obvious they would lose legal or arbitration process. They should announce it will be scrapped in the summer. I am just wondering if there were conditions applied on squad sizes for those clubs that took Covid loans or grants from the EFL

There should be a squad size cap of 25 in each league in England (there already is in the PL, although U21s don't count... think they should outside the PL if the player is on loan).

In reality most clubs will go with c23 players, but 25 does give you flexibility if someone gets a long term injury.

I just hope they settle this ASAP so we can plan effectively.

Blackpool are among the clubs keeping tabs on Morecambe defender Sam Lavelle ahead of a potential summer move, sources have exclusively told Football League World.

00:00 of 01:46

00:26

01:46

Blackpool-born Lavelle joined Morecambe from Bolton Wanderers following his release by the Lancashire club in 2017, and has since racked up 152 first-team appearances across four seasons for the Shrimps.

The 24-year-old has made 49 appearances across all competitions this season – 42 of those coming in Sky Bet League Two – establishing himself as a key player for Derek Adams’ side in their bid for automatic promotion.