Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Was just looking at 2k's contact couldn't find it but I think we have an option for next season.

This surprised (thanks Sexy for maintaining the link) "
Bez Lubala signed
3yr deal + 1yr option"
Came with expectation and to me looked out of his depth. Clearly Critch is the expert but given his absence at a time when we need attacking options, what went wrong and where is he?

Was just looking at 2k's contact couldn't find it but I think we have an option for next season.

This surprised (thanks Sexy for maintaining the link) "
Bez Lubala signed
3yr deal + 1yr option"
Came with expectation and to me looked out of his depth. Clearly Critch is the expert but given his absence at a time when we need attacking options, what went wrong and where is he?
This is potentially going to come across as controversial, but we should definitely take up Kaikai's option.

As much as he can blow hot and cold, he has 8 assists in the league this season. Only six players have more, and with the exception of McGeady all of them have played more minutes.

Not controversial to me. He needs to toughen up and put more of a defensive shift. I'd like to see him get a run in no 10 role he's probably our best footballer

Not controversial to me. He needs to toughen up and put more of a defensive shift. I'd like to see him get a run in no 10 role he's probably our best footballer
He used to play for the Shrews so hoping he will have a good game today.

I would be happy with just 3 quality signings. A box to box goalscoring midfielder, a tall keeper who can command his box and a big, powerful goalscoring centreforward...not a hold up man but a quick forward looking player looking to either burst through or sniff out chances in the box. Must have a track record of a goal every other game at least.

Bret Ormerod knows were the net is better than what we have not counting Yates,plus a mid field General.

Being a 3rd division team, we are always going to attract 3rd division standard players with the exception of Yates. Some of what we have are punching above their weight too. I have to hand it to Critch, he has done really well with what we have.
At least we will stay up and I think we will next season too.

I would be happy with just 3 quality signings. A box to box goalscoring midfielder, a tall keeper who can command his box and a big, powerful goalscoring centreforward...not a hold up man but a quick forward looking player looking to either burst through or sniff out chances in the box. Must have a track record of a goal every other game at least.

Then you wake up :grinning:..... Dream on.

This is potentially going to come across as controversial, but we should definitely take up Kaikai's option.

As much as he can blow hot and cold, he has 8 assists in the league this season. Only six players have more, and with the exception of McGeady all of them have played more minutes.

My opinion, I don't think he's used properly, to his potential. He's done ok within the system that he plays but he needs to be let off the leash. Another one of those players that would most probably flourish at a different club.

Last edited:

A new keeper isn't essential to me, if the money is there I think there's other areas I would prioritise first.

- No. 10 / Playmaker: Someone to just play in the hole and link up the attack, I think Embleton has been average (maybe a tad harsh) since he's arrived, but I think even having someone who plays in that area of the field has made a big difference. Someone of quality in there would be huge.

- Wideplayers: I won't specifically say winger because I think Critchley likes his wide players cutting in, but even if we had CJ back I think we are a good quality short off the bench/for rotation. CJ, KaiKai, Lubala (?) + 1 other would leave our bench looking strong.

- Striker: Depends on Madine, if he leaves I think we need 2 more (replacing Simms as well).

A new keeper isn't essential to me, if the money is there I think there's other areas I would prioritise first.

- No. 10 / Playmaker: Someone to just play in the hole and link up the attack, I think Embleton has been average (maybe a tad harsh) since he's arrived, but I think even having someone who plays in that area of the field has made a big difference. Someone of quality in there would be huge.

- Wideplayers: I won't specifically say winger because I think Critchley likes his wide players cutting in, but even if we had CJ back I think we are a good quality short off the bench/for rotation. CJ, KaiKai, Lubala (?) + 1 other would leave our bench looking strong.

- Striker: Depends on Madine, if he leaves I think we need 2 more (replacing Simms as well).
I should also add this is dependant on us retaining the likes of Stewart, Garbutt and Turton for another season. Otherwise all 3 of those areas become issues that need resolving as well.

Stewart signed an 18 month deal didn't he?

I suspect the club has a plan in mind, but a lot will depend on whether the EFL pull their finger out and remove the 20 player cap.

Stewart signed an 18 month deal didn't he?

I suspect the club has a plan in mind, but a lot will depend on whether the EFL pull their finger out and remove the 20 player cap.

Yup, just checked the official website. So that's one off my worry list.

Dougall and Stewart with Virtue and Ward as rotation/third midfielder is more than good enough.

According to you lot, we had a first rate team at the start of the season. :ROFLMAO: I wonder what SS thinks about all these misfits ? He must have spent a fortune already. Glad its not my money your spending.

Yes, it really does make sense to have left footed players on the right and right footed players on the left. Excellent tactics Why play any other way ?:clap: Good old Critch. Who needs old fashioned wingers when we can bore every one to sleep instead.

Yes, it really does make sense to have left footed players on the right and right footed players on the left. Excellent tactics Why play any other way ?:clap: Good old Critch. Who needs old fashioned wingers when we can bore every one to sleep instead.

Wow I hadn't thought of it like that, I should probably tell every team in the champions league as well that they're all muppets.