Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 122 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

You're talking about people like Nixon, and writers for the national papers. Journalists for the sports section of a local paper don't break transfer stories. They just don't have the contacts (which I presume would mainly be players' agents).

As for being "beholden to the club", wouldn't you agree that he needs to maintain decent relations if he wants to keep in getting the interviews with the management team and the players?

Which interviews would those be mate? :unsure:

From what i've seen Coventry fans said he did well for them and had lots of potential when he was with them in L2 and L1 prior to his 2m sale. PNE fans have seemed quite united in saying he looked good for them when he has been selected but they've had a strong and established central midfield that he's never been able to break into. They seem to believe he'll do well for us in L1.

From what i've read he's a composed ball playing, water carry type central midfielder who links up play rather than the type who is always posing a thread or breaking up opposition attacks. I don't think he's unable to get a goal / assist or make a tackle but i think his game takes place more in the middle of the pitch showing for the ball and getting it from the def mids to the attacking mids. Effectively he's more of a Lee Evans type rather than someone who would take up the type of role Naylor or Keane currently play in our midfield. And on paper that is an option that we've been missing.

By the sound of it he's a pretty decent loan.

Some of his highlights from Youtube below:

You're talking about people like Nixon, and writers for the national papers. Journalists for the sports section of a local paper don't break transfer stories. They just don't have the contacts (which I presume would mainly be players' agents).

As for being "beholden to the club", wouldn't you agree that he needs to maintain decent relations if he wants to keep in getting the interviews with the management team and the players?

Let's face it your a fanboy and you wont have a word said against him

To be fair the local press at other clubs do break plenty of transfer stories.

I don't think you have to break transfer stories to be a good journalist, but with or without the transfer news our local press is really poor and has been for year. During the admin process a young lad with a Youtube channel, no contacts within the club and doing it part time provided far better coverage and asked better questions than the supposed pros paid to do it with full access.

Let's face it your a fanboy and you wont have a word said against him
There you go again.

I don't know PK. I've never met PK. PK couldn't pick me out of a line up. I Think some of the stories he gets are decent, and I think sometimes - especially during our Admin period - he missed opportunities to dig a little deeper.

However, given he's a sports journalist on a local paper, my expectations of him are more to do with the running of the club, rather than him exposing possible transfer targets.

What does amaze me however is the criticism of a journalist for the local paper that hardly anyone admits to reading ......... not sure how that works !

Reactions: GSM
Sorry mate but all of those seem to be regurgitated from Latics TV interviews that were posted on the official site.

I don't actually see any of those being face to face interviews with the individuals. I may be wrong but that's what I see.

I've no doubt that some are duplicated TB, but certainly not all of them are (the Talal one for eg).

As I said to Zakky though, to have expectations of him to risk a close relationship to the club are simply unrealistic.

There you go again.

I don't know PK. I've never met PK. PK couldn't pick me out of a line up. I Think some of the stories he gets are decent, and I think sometimes - especially during our Admin period - he missed opportunities to dig a little deeper.

However, given he's a sports journalist on a local paper, my expectations of him are more to do with the running of the club, rather than him exposing possible transfer targets.

What does amaze me however is the criticism of a journalist for the local paper that hardly anyone admits to reading ......... not sure how that works !

Probably because he"s never off twitter

Ps I never knew Mohamed Ali and he didnt know me but he was my idol and I suppose I would have been called a fanboy in that era

There you go again.

The criticism is the reason people don't read the paper. There is nothing in the reports that cannot be found elsewhere and generally before PK "breaks it".

I'm sorry mate but you are trying to defend the indefensible on this occasion. I have personally no axe to grind with PK and the WEP, but as far as journalism goes they are a poor excuse for a local rag.

Last edited:
I've no doubt that some are duplicated TB, but certainly not all of them are (the Talal one for eg).

As I said to Zakky though, to have expectations of him to risk a close relationship to the club are simply unrealistic.

Which one of those that you posted was the Talal one ? I seem to have missed that.

I have seen an interview given to the BBC from Talal but no exclusive to PK.

Probably because he"s never off twitter

Ps I never knew Mohamed Ali and he didnt know me but he was my idol and I suppose I would have been called a fanboy in that era

Such a shame you don't know how to spell his name then. ;)

:sorry::sorry::sorry:

Sorry mate but all of those seem to be regurgitated from Latics TV interviews that were posted on the official site.

I don't actually see any of those being face to face interviews with the individuals. I may be wrong but that's what I see.

A lot of content is often lifted from other sources unfortunately and not always credited.

Which one of those that you posted was the Talal one ? I seem to have missed that.

I have seen an interview given to the BBC from Talal but no exclusive to PK.

It was one of the Wilkinson ones. It was in 3 stages ...... Wilkinson posted them while Kendrick was on holiday.

It was one of the Wilkinson ones. It was in 3 stages ...... Wilkinson posted them while Kendrick was on holiday.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about PK's interviews, or lack of them.

Regardless, for a local paper they do not seem to get many exclusive interviews with players or management from the club whereas most of the other local papers, BEN or MEN and even the Blackburn and Preston locals seem to get more access to their local clubs.