Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Wow really just read Shrewsbury trying to scupper our deal for jack from pompey

Yes absolutely. These vacancies may have no bearing on incoming players, but the club needs the staff to operate and vice versa. All areas are on the rebuild and the playing staff will be the hardest bit. Also not sure of the dates players contracts end, when their on holiday etc., when clubs return for pre-season etc.

I know we've all bit through a sh*t time with this, but we are still alive and on the return to hopefully a decent pre-season and un-interrupted season (please don't quote me on this if we have injuries etc.!) and fingers crossed business as usual.

All we need is patience and to give the club some support. Players, season tickets, kits etc. I'm sure will be on the way in time.

You must watch a different games. Think that post was the other way around. OJo looked average at best till Evans came back.
Ojo did in he,s early games seam a bit rough
Came better when evens came back
You can't say he was average without Evans, only his performances were average.
Once he was match fit and knew his teammates and the way they play he was better

Just on player contracts, they all end on 30th June. As for the rest of what you say, completely agree...so much to do behind the scenes, all ties into why there's no ST news, kits etc

The nature of so many players out of contract and deals offered all over the game mean that there are a lot of transfer chains where multiple deals depend on other things happening first.

Every club will have a long priority list of targets and every move by another club probably impacts everyone elses planning. Previously available players go off the market, previously unavailable players come onto the market, clubs priorities change and how much they can offer in terms decreases or increases with the ins and outs. There will be a lot of times when clubs are simply waiting on a decision or development regarding targets as players will be trying to see what deals they can get themselves.

When we need to sign 15 players or so it makes it much trickier balancing all the plates than in you only need 1 or 2.

Nah, I’ll keep my foot on the gas and keep pushing the club cheers. I bet you’re a Labour voter the way you refuse to hold the club to account when questions need to be asked.
Why not apply for one of the jobs yourself then you can show the club how they should be doing things?
Oh wait , you won’t do that as you would actually have to contribute positively instead of finding fault
Why do you feel like you have to bring Labour voters into the mix anyway, or is that just another of your pet subjects to have a go at

Just read that george johnson has signed for Bolton. On a fan site, so nowt official yet, but would have hoped we could have got him in........

George Johnston has indeed signed for Bolton.

Surely Bolton wouldn't have offered huge amounts of money and in the same division - that really does feel like we dropped the ball on that one. Not impressed to be honest.

Nixon saying Johnston wasn't one of the 2 he previously said may be announced.

So maybe we didn't want him.

Surprising if we didn't try and sign him.

Last edited:
Initial thoughts are that we've missed a massive opportunity there, would have loved to have seen him sign for us, though I did think Weds/Sunderland or a Championship club would get him. Gutted them lot have got him, but guess we need to reserve judgement till we see who signs for us as replacement

Whatmough confirmed, no mention of length if deal.

I liked Johnston and hoped we could've had both but if it was one or the other I think we've traded up.

Hope we are getting Tilt back.