Summer Transfers 2024 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer Transfers 2024

The article also mentions that BK and the ownership (Americans) want to use the youth next season and sign younger players, and they are not sure if DW is the man to do this. I don't think he is at all. Just look at his reluctance to play youth players.

If we are in the Championship next season, i expect more of our younger players especially at left back, left centre back (Hills) and right centre back to emerge in our first team squad.

Younger players are gradually blended into the first team. It was only in third season that we have seen Rowe become a regular (when fit) and years ago it took Bellamy three seasons to become a regular.

We have seen Fisher, Warner, Gibbs, Welch and Aboh.
Also Reyes made the bench.

If we are in the Championship next season, i expect more of our younger players especially at left back, left centre back (Hills) and right centre back to emerge in our first team squad.

Younger players are gradually blended into the first team. It was only in third season that we have seen Rowe become a regular (when fit) and years ago it took Bellamy three seasons to become a regular.

We have seen Fisher, Warner, Gibbs, Welch and Aboh.
Also Reyes made the bench.
Those players got on the bench becuase of injuries, and I think dw was pressured into getting Aboh on due to his contract - I only see success in youth once they are getting game time. I get what you are saying, though. I remember for years I was singing the praises of Cantwell in the youth, and it took years for him to appear (I think in the cup against Chelsea - and then DF subbed him off again).

The time is now (next season) to get these youngsters involved, and it has been a while since we have had so many good-looking youngsters ready to come in - Reyes, Mair, Barden, Tompkinson, Lima, Welch, Aboh, Hills, Shipley, Montoia, Warner, Kamara, Fisher, Rowe, Springett (I am not sure he is up to the standard of the championship, but still decent), Renecke, Adegboyega

Well thats no surprise if we are still in the Championship. We loose the second lot of parachute money so costs, especially wages have to fall....bye bye GI,
Gibson, Baath, etc.

Mind you that could also be softening up the fans for the sale of Rowe.
Saying bye to Gio, Gibson and Batth isn't that bad to be honest add some others to the list too :-)