Summer Transfers 2024 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer Transfers 2024

The article also mentions that BK and the ownership (Americans) want to use the youth next season and sign younger players, and they are not sure if DW is the man to do this. I don't think he is at all. Just look at his reluctance to play youth players.

If we are in the Championship next season, i expect more of our younger players especially at left back, left centre back (Hills) and right centre back to emerge in our first team squad.

Younger players are gradually blended into the first team. It was only in third season that we have seen Rowe become a regular (when fit) and years ago it took Bellamy three seasons to become a regular.

We have seen Fisher, Warner, Gibbs, Welch and Aboh.
Also Reyes made the bench.

If we are in the Championship next season, i expect more of our younger players especially at left back, left centre back (Hills) and right centre back to emerge in our first team squad.

Younger players are gradually blended into the first team. It was only in third season that we have seen Rowe become a regular (when fit) and years ago it took Bellamy three seasons to become a regular.

We have seen Fisher, Warner, Gibbs, Welch and Aboh.
Also Reyes made the bench.
Those players got on the bench becuase of injuries, and I think dw was pressured into getting Aboh on due to his contract - I only see success in youth once they are getting game time. I get what you are saying, though. I remember for years I was singing the praises of Cantwell in the youth, and it took years for him to appear (I think in the cup against Chelsea - and then DF subbed him off again).

The time is now (next season) to get these youngsters involved, and it has been a while since we have had so many good-looking youngsters ready to come in - Reyes, Mair, Barden, Tompkinson, Lima, Welch, Aboh, Hills, Shipley, Montoia, Warner, Kamara, Fisher, Rowe, Springett (I am not sure he is up to the standard of the championship, but still decent), Renecke, Adegboyega

Well thats no surprise if we are still in the Championship. We loose the second lot of parachute money so costs, especially wages have to fall....bye bye GI,
Gibson, Baath, etc.

Mind you that could also be softening up the fans for the sale of Rowe.
Saying bye to Gio, Gibson and Batth isn't that bad to be honest add some others to the list too :-)

Apparently we are in talks with QPR midfielder Chris Willock. His deal expires in summer. Another of the freebies.

Had a decent season with qpr...four goals and four assists in 39 games.

A winger who can play right and left

Youngster Joe Duffy will leave the club in summer. A Norwich fan so that is always a shame to hear he is leaving.

Alfie Pinyoun also supposedly being released.

Then we have two other youngsters on the way out but both have championship clubs offering them contracts in Dubem Eze and Michael Reindorf.

The list of staying and goings is supposed to be released soon, but would the club hold off until after playoffs?

Not first team members could be released and advised but I would expect no first team and the those circling the first team would be advised until our next season future is known - it should be different choices - other than those that need to go in either eventuality

Apparently we are in talks with QPR midfielder Chris Willock. His deal expires in summer. Another of the freebies.

Had a decent season with qpr...four goals and four assists in 39 games.

A winger who can play right and left

1 goal in 10 games........wouldn't excite me.

Sadly , the story of the last 3 promotions tell me most of that money will not go into strengthening the squad. If we go up the old ‘self funded club ‘ will rear its head again and take most of that lovely dosh to continue it

Sadly , the story of the last 3 promotions tell me most of that money will not go into strengthening the squad. If we go up the old ‘self funded club ‘ will rear its head again and take most of that lovely dosh to continue it
To be fair last time we went up we did spend money, just really really poorly. We were to focused of getting as many players possible for the money and on as many players that could possibly turn a future profit rather than looking at what the team needed. We just never seem to get the summer right when we go up.

To be fair last time we went up we did spend money, just really really poorly. We were to focused of getting as many players possible for the money and on as many players that could possibly turn a future profit rather than looking at what the team needed. We just never seem to get the summer right when we go up.

Webber was an arrogant a**e hole.
Is Crapper doing anything at all ?

Webber was an arrogant a**e hole.
Is Crapper doing anything at all ?
It will be his first summer doing this job so that it will be exciting :eek:. I think loans will be the main course.

I think Sargent and Gunn are the only players left from Webber's last premiership summer window - (Gibson and Giannoulis were on loan with us already)

Another QPR player linked -

Ipswich, Celtic and Norwich are both believed to be interested in QPR's young player, Aiden McGinlay. Like Willock, he is a left winger. We do love a left winger. McGinlay can also play at left-back.

It will be his first summer doing this job so that it will be exciting :eek:. I think loans will be the main course.

I looked this up a couple of days ago and it was stating that you can only have 2 loans at a time. (We had four a few seasons ago) May be they meant you can only PLAY 2 at a time even though you can have 4 through the whole season.

I think Sargent and Gunn are the only players left from Webber's last premiership summer window - (Gibson and Giannoulis were on loan with us already)

Add Tzolis until he is moved on plus the perm fees for Gibson and GI.
Then there was the four loans and the dead money paying players that
were not playing for our team.

I looked this up a couple of days ago and it was stating that you can only have 2 loans at a time. (We had four a few seasons ago) May be they meant you can only PLAY 2 at a time even though you can have 4 through the whole season.
I thought it was only two loan players from the premiership, and then you can have players on loan from abroad (that might be two as well), and then you can have the four loan players.

Looking at the squad we need so many new players and players needing shifting on