Summer transfer window thread | Page 559 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Wow ! Now that really would be a statement signing.

Really excited by this.

This write up from 18 months or so back is a real endorsement, if you have a spare couple of hours to burn ....

https://pythagorasinboots.com/houssem-aouar-the-unpressable/

"Aouar is an excellent progressor of the ball. While he is not the fastest or the strongest at the heart of midfield, the Frenchman is strikingly hard to dispossess. In his own half, he manages to shield the ball notably well"

God I loathe Ben Shapiro.

Is it crazy to suggest Coops might be pulling something with Freuler? Line up comes out and he’s starting? Unlikely maybe but I wouldn’t put it past him.

Lots of rage directed at our signing videos. They’re a bit daft but I don’t mind them personally. I file it away as part of EPL PR theatre and am just happy to have players costing upwards of £10m to welcome aboard.
I just don’t bother watching them and my bp is fine…

Nottingham Forest will make Remo Freuler their third signing in the space of 24 hours — and their 15th of the summer — later today.

The Switzerland international underwent a medical and agreed personal terms on Thursday and The Athletic understands the deal is all agreed, with the midfielder set to be unveiled on Sunday.
He probably had some personal stuff to sort out before he moved over here.
If you think about it, 3 days between agreeing to start a new job in a new country and actually starting is not very much time.

henderson, hennessey, williams, biancone, richards, toffolo, niakhate, kouyate, obrien, managala, lingard, dennis, awoniyi all in the 25 man squad. Freur, maupay and aouer are close, plus a lwb,
smith, worrall, cook, mckenna, yates, colback, johnno, mighten and surridge.
Have I missed anybody cause I really can't keep up!!!

You only have to look at our bench to understand why we still need players.
Agreed, but we have Yates, Frueler, Dennis, Kouyate to come in and take the place of Mighten, Taylor, Hammond, Cafu. Then we have Richards to come back in, likely for Son. No Colback today ..???

BUT, we are after another LWB, and if we really are close to Aouar and Maupay, then you have to think that Toffolo and one of the CM's drop out of the squad completely

Agreed, but we have Yates, Frueler, Dennis, Kouyate to come in and take the place of Mighten, Taylor, Hammond, Cafu. Then we have Richards to come back in, likely for Son. No Colback today ..???

BUT, we are after another LWB, and if we really are close to Aouar and Maupay, then you have to think that Toffolo and one of the CM's drop out of the squad completely
The Richards situation tells us that injuries are part and parcel of the season so we may still end up with players on the bench that are from the academy or players we want rid of…