Summer transfer window thread | Page 309 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Got talking to an olympiacos fan at a function last night. He wasn't happy with Maranakis, saying we are his favourite thing now. He wasn't happy, because there is talk that we will be taking Mady Camara from them. I have never heard of him, but this chap said he is a key player for them. Central Midfielder. We haven't had a player from them yet who has been up to much. Thought I would pass it on.

Got talking to an olympiacos fan at a function last night. He wasn't happy with Maranakis, saying we are his favourite thing now. He wasn't happy, because there is talk that we will be taking Mady Camara from them. I have never heard of him, but this chap said he is a key player for them. Central Midfielder. We haven't had a player from them yet who has been up to much. Thought I would pass it on.

Camara looks useful for the box-to-box big bastard role.

He's a Guinean DCM, 25. Good player.

I would be surprised if Marinakis faces down the wrath of Oly fans by transfering one of their best players to Forest, but I'm not surprise they are worried now we are in the PL. I bet even the CL alongside the Greek league doesn't give them the income we have coming in this season.

Anyone know if toffolo is happening? Though him and obrien was a pair.
Is he happy being a back up?

I hope Spence is absolute dogshit for Tottenham and conte loses patience with him and bins him in the first few months . Harsh innit ? But it’s a cold world out there.

My priority is forest and I have no interest in being nice or clapping some tosser who had no interest in playing for us once Tottenham were in the mix, even though it was us who resurrected his career.

I’ll save my applause for Samba if we ever play Lens, because he would’ve loved to stay here if he was wanted.

Just to reiterate- bollocks to Spence.

Interesting take when Samba was the one who threw a wobbly and criticised us publicly when Djed has done nothing of the sort.

Just to be clear, I would applaud them both. Absolute heroes.

There was something in one of the media outlets last week suggesting he was a replacement for o’Brian.

Lots of media outlets reporting that the o’Brian deal is all but done as well.

Now we just need two more…
2 more? - more like 6 or 7
If we are getting rid of the likes of Lolley - I see only the following players in the squad

keepers
Henderson
Hennessey
Smith

CD
Worrall
McKenna
Cook
2 new guys
mbe-soh ???

Wing backs
Williams
Richards
Toffalo ???

Midfield
Yates
Colback
O’Brien ???
Cafu ???

Forwards
BJ
New guy
Surridge
Mighten

unless I have missed anyone - I make that 17 on the books + the 2 Huddersfield lads
Squad size should be 25?

still a lot of work to do

Interesting take when Samba was the one who threw a wobbly and criticised us publicly when Djed has done nothing of the sort.

Just to be clear, I would applaud them both. Absolute heroes.

Spence was great for us granted “ it’s out of my hands “ was his quote when asked if he was staying . No it was very much in his hands because we would’ve paid boro the fee they wanted - we paid more for williams! It was him who didn’t want to play for us.

samba, saves those pens and other key saves in that semi - just generally a fuckin legend, and then come back for pre season buzzing only to find out you’re not rated really and we’re bringing in someone else - anyone would be devastated wouldn’t they. So I don’t blame samba at all.

I know this is football - this is “ the business “ but because it’s our club we overlook it , “ ah Cooper knows so that’s alright etc” which is fine - but if it was another club We’d be thinking “ fookin hell , hes just got them to the prem and they do that to him ?”

that’s just my take on it. I can see both sides of the argument and it’s the ugly side of football which never feels right to me.
No loyalty from us to samba
No loyalty from Spence to us.

so they pissed me off equally .

Spence was great for us granted “ it’s out of my hands “ was his quote when asked if he was staying . No it was very much in his hands because we would’ve paid boro the fee they wanted - we paid more for williams! It was him who didn’t want to play for us.

samba, saves those pens and other key saves in that semi - just generally a fuckin legend, and then come back for pre season buzzing only to find out you’re not rated really and we’re bringing in someone else - anyone would be devastated wouldn’t they. So I don’t blame samba at all.

I know this is football - this is “ the business “ but because it’s our club we overlook it , “ ah Cooper knows so that’s alright etc” which is fine - but if it was another club We’d be thinking “ fookin hell , hes just got them to the prem and they do that to him ?”

that’s just my take on it. I can see both sides of the argument and it’s the ugly side of football which never feels right to me.

I hear what you are saying - but Henderson is a better keeper Samba - fact
We stand more chance of staying up with better players - fact

Samba wanted to be number 1 - it has taken us 23 years to get back - do we gamble our season on sentiment.

no argument from me

to Samba - thank you and goodbye

If you were another supporter looking on at the Samba situation, you may think that he was treated unfairly but they would be coming from a uninformed position. We've watched him week in, week out and I think it's fair to say that he was the best keeper in the division on his day and an incredible shot-stopper. However, he was also a potential liability due to his hesitancy from crosses and his hot-headed nature in general. Samba was our player and chose to leave us instead of knuckling down, improving on his deficiencies and fighting for his place to prove he deserves it.

Spence was never our player. It's not like he did a Van Hooijdonk and went on strike to get a move. He was on loan to us for a season. Despite that, he gave everything for us, was one of our most consistent performers and left it all out on the pitch every game; often making his trademark gut-busting runs down the right well into stoppage time. Despite this, there seems to still be this notion hanging around that he has character issues. What, because that tw*t Colin says so? We never heard of any problems with Cooper so I'll go with that.

This is what I was alluding to the other day. Could EM help us here with a transfer or loan for one of their stars, not the deadwood we got previously

camara, o brien and Garner in. 2 of these are loans.
Cafu out, Ojeda loan, and then Davis and a MGW/McNeil type addition

If you were another supporter looking on at the Samba situation, you may think that he was treated unfairly but they would be coming from a uninformed position. We've watched him week in, week out and I think it's fair to say that he was the best keeper in the division on his day and an incredible shot-stopper. However, he was also a potential liability due to his hesitancy from crosses and his hot-headed nature in general. Samba was our player and chose to leave us instead of knuckling down, improving on his deficiencies and fighting for his place to prove he deserves it.

Spence was never our player. It's not like he did a Van Hooijdonk and went on strike to get a move. He was on loan to us for a season. Despite that, he gave everything for us, was one of our most consistent performers and left it all out on the pitch every game; often making his trademark gut-busting runs down the right well into stoppage time. Despite this, there seems to still be this notion hanging around that he has character issues. What, because that tw*t Colin says so? We never heard of any problems with Cooper so I'll go with that.

with samba , you get back to the club and find out that not only are you not rated or trusted to play in the prem, after all your heroics , and on top of that we’re signing another keeper on 120k a week ! You’re NEVER getting back in regardless of improving deficiency’s.

Barring injuries of course, Samba would’ve been playing in a few cup games and that would’ve been it. Anyone would’ve felt like shit after that. My argument is that there are plenty of worse keepers than samba - we have one who’s first choice for England for fucks sake no matter what the shnozzled charlatan thinks. Samba deserved a chance to play IMO but hey that’s football.

If we are getting rid of the likes of Lolley - I see only the following players in the squad

keepers
Henderson
Hennessey
Smith

CD
Worrall
McKenna
Cook
2 new guys
mbe-soh ???

Wing backs
Williams
Richards
Toffalo ???

Midfield
Yates
Colback
O’Brien ???
Cafu ???

Forwards
BJ
New guy
Surridge
Mighten

unless I have missed anyone - I make that 17 on the books + the 2 Huddersfield lads
Squad size should be 25?

I meant two more midfielders chap. o’Brien and two more needed although I would guess one of them would be able to play further forward.

Deals are being negotiated separately according to Nixon so won't necessarily happen at the same time. He also said that there is still some work to do on price in both cases.
Apparently we were trying to offload a player as part of the Toffolo deal. The reports were suggesting that we thought £2.5m was a good price but Huddersfield were looking for closer to double that.

The differing reports are suggesting the deal for o’Brien is for less than £10m but will include a sell on fee. Obviously no idea if it’s true but based on the previous stories about the haggling it sounds plausible.

Apparently we were trying to offload a player as part of the Toffolo deal. The reports were suggesting that we thought £2.5m was a good price but Huddersfield were looking for closer to double that.

The differing reports are suggesting the deal for o’Brien is for less than £10m but will include a sell on fee. Obviously no idea if it’s true but based on the previous stories about the haggling it sounds plausible.

Don't think we should spend £5m on Toffolo with 1 year on his current contract. O'Brien deal sounds much better if true.

keepers
Henderson
Hennessey
Smith

CD
Worrall
McKenna
Cook
2 new guys
mbe-soh ???

Wing backs
Williams
Richards
Toffalo ???

Midfield
Yates
Colback
O’Brien ???
Cafu ???

Forwards
BJ
New guy
Surridge
Mighten

Squad size should be 25?

He meant 2 more in midfield and yes, plenty of work left to do

This is absolutely my thoughts on it. If there were questions about Samba’s attitude then by going public he proved the point. I am not saying the club couldn’t have handled the situation better because maybe they could but Samba made it difficult for it to end any other way.

Personally I got the impression that he was angling for a move back to France anyway but I could be wrong.

In contrast, Spence gave everything and kept his mouth shut. He earned the plaudits and was obviously a popular part of the group.

He earned a move to the Prem and while I am disappointed he didn’t want to stay at Forest, I can’t blame him for wanting to go back to London with the added appeal of Champions League football. He will have to fight harder for his place but I hope he manages it. He helped us get back to the Premier League so it feels churlish not to wish him all the best.