Summer transfer window thread | Page 118 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Apparently the main reason he was signed was to act as translator for the Italians lol, yet the Italians were not fit to pick the peanuts out of his shit and even Scimeca himself was wank for the first season or two.
I doubt that very much. Scimeca was £3m, which is a very expensive translator, while Platt spoke fluent Italian already so could translate himself

I doubt that very much. Scimeca was £3m, which is a very expensive translator, while Platt spoke fluent Italian already so could translate himself

I think on the pitch and to help them integrate with the lads.

Yes, I know at £3m it was a ridiculous signing based on that reasoning, but Platt was kind of a ridiculous guy.

He was about a 1 in 3 in the Championship for goals so I would walk away at anything over £8m even if it’s add ons. We can’t afford a striker who doesn’t score unless his assists are coming at a phenomenal rate.

My guess is Villa will take a lower fee, particularly if nobody bites but it’s what that fee is. For us we have to decide whether he fits in to what we want to do and if so what we are prepared to pay. We certainly need a second striker through the door though.
Grabbans record is 1in 3, pretty much all in the second tier and yet he's bloody marvelous to some folk. cost about 6million quid and 30k week. so 15m, altho somewhat inflated is still not out of line with that. we've just spent 17 odd on a similar player by look of it, no idea if that affects davis or not but its still 17m on the player as unproven as Davis in the prem

Grabbans record is 1in 3, pretty much all in the second tier and yet he's bloody marvelous to some folk. cost about 6million quid and 30k week. so 15m, altho somewhat inflated is still not out of line with that. we've just spent 17 odd on a similar player by look of it, no idea if that affects davis or not but its still 17m on the player as unproven as Davis in the prem
Not sure the comparison quite holds water there. 20 goals in the Bundesliga is a world away from 5 at Championship level... even if he was only with us for half a season.

Coventry are having a training camp in murcia, Spain.. we are meant to be playing them there
ooh, will likely go if they confirm it .. saw one of our young kids last summer in Marbella with the England kids. Looked a tidy player and did well, forgot who it was though now lol

Not sure the comparison quite holds water there. 20 goals in the Bundesliga is a world away from 5 at Championship level... even if he was only with us for half a season.

the compariosn was that neither were proven in the Prem.

What we do know is that Davis works well in our side, so he'd have the edge currently in other comparisons :p
seems we officially bid for mgw now. 22m

Last edited:
Who did we go for at Right wing back?
Williams looks like he is going to Fulham.
Key position.
And we need 2 Left wing backs.
What a huge job Cooper and Murphy have..