Summer transfer window thread | Page 101 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Had a few days away and come back to a load of players we are linked to.. unfortunately can't spell or pronounce any... I must be getting old.
I like the look of the Japanese lad from Celtic, and the big lump of a central defender from Mainz. Henderson will be a good signing... as Sir Brian said 'you build from the back" and Henderson has all the attributes to be great. I do feel a little gutted for Samba though. He may have a clanger in him, or a moment of madness, but most Keepers do. Fingers crossed for some incomings and the squad getting built for next year. Enjoy your weekend everybody.

I have been officially informed that the page count on this thread can be instantly doubled if you take a surgical scalpel and slice the bottom half of the posts on each page and sellotape them back to back with each other to form a double page layout or something resembling a child’s pop up book.

if you fold up the corners of the book using the ancient Japanese art form of oregano (or ore-reg-a-no as the silly bastards in Canada call it) it can be made to resemble either a praying mantis or your grandmother’s pantry-girdle depending on which eye you were to look at it with!

If on the other hand you want increase the page count in a somewhat more sensible way, you could always try sticking a very sharp implement (with a hook-like tool attached )up your left nostril until it is firmly lodged a couple of inches into the front bit of your brain.
If you then ‘waddle’ it about a bit and scrape away at the neurones that form the part of your pre-frontal cortex that connects directly with the mathematical sub-inorganic gaseous data diaphragm (which enables simple precognitive deprivation morphology and adding up stuff!) within minutes you will be experiencing the page count in the millionth percentile.

True story!

How is Chris, chap?

I noticed this had some traction in this thread at the end of May but as we get closer to the season, do we overpay and go try to get Gareth Bale?

In my opinion he is bit of a diva but i also think given the right circumstances and the way our manager can relate to players, he would be nice to have in our battle to stay up in the Premier League.

I say we try to get him because of his experience in the Premier and La Liga. We could use that.

What say the forum?

Probably too expensive imo

This is a proper lower prem signing - bit like Joelinton and Wesley. A multi million pound punt, hoping that a younger striker who has just started scoring in other top leagues will be able step up and lift off here.

Short of growing your own goalscorers like Johnson, there is absolutely nothing else the "other 14" (of which, extraordinarily, we are now one) can do to get good goalscorers.

Screenshot_20220618-102514_Samsung Internet.jpg

Didn't know he had.

Those connections can be huge. It was Leicester's knowledge of the French league that led them to pick up Mahrez from Ligue 2 and Kante from Ligue 1

Murphy played for Osnabruck in the German third division 13 years ago.

Syrianos was at Stuttgart up until last June; he was there five seasons - he helped them get promotion to the Bundesliga and then stay there.

I noticed this had some traction in this thread at the end of May but as we get closer to the season, do we overpay and go try to get Gareth Bale?

In my opinion he is bit of a diva but i also think given the right circumstances and the way our manager can relate to players, he would be nice to have in our battle to stay up in the Premier League.

I say we try to get him because of his experience in the Premier and La Liga. We could use that.

What say the forum?
If he really wants to play and is motivated then a pay as you play contract wouldn’t be the worst thing.

For me though, his only motivation is the World Cup and one more shot at a bit of glory.

I would be amazed if he didn’t announce his retirement the second Wales were knocked out though, leaving whoever signed him to look for a replacement.

I am not sure we or Cooper would really want that circus at Forest.