Summer transfer window thread | Page 516 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

I’m thinking Kouyate, Adams, MGW, Garner and Davis are the players we can get now. Maybe a return for Dennis.?

I’d say we’re after 3 of those 5, and Freuler and Gapko will join Moreno in rejecting us
Hope I’m wrong.

I’m thinking Kouyate, Adams, MGW, Garner and Davis are the players we can get now. Maybe a return for Dennis.?

I’d say we’re after 3 of those 5, and Freuler and Gapko will join Moreno in rejecting us
Hope I’m wrong.
If we get Adams we won’t buy Davis so if we went after another striker it’s more likely to be Dennis.

Freuler fancies the move according to reports. It’s agreeing a fee that’s the problem but I agree, Gakpo won’t be coming to us unless Marinakis sweet talks him beyond even Lingard levels.

And yet he managed 8 assists and 6 goals last season which is more than Spence.

There’s a decent player in there if we give him chance. Bearing in mind how everyone else performed it’s a little early to be scapegoating.
Especially as he had 2 / players on him at times due to the quality of Newcastle’s pressing. We won’t be seeing that level of sustained pressing week in week out. They played a perfect pressing game on us in my opinion.
given the amount of pressure on our players on the ball and touches in the box they got in, I think our defence did a really good job to keep the score down to 2.
I think we will improve game on game and the midfield in particular will be strengthened taking some of the pressure of the defenders. It’s a matter of hours together as a team rather than scapegoats that will tell in the end.

I really hope we aren’t just wasting our time and dick swinging trying for the likes of Moreno/gakpo etc when we know 90% they won’t/don’t want to come..

We need to be realistic and pragmatic and get solid players who want to be here and buy into the program

We r in a difficult position because in the long run Richards plays left back and any 2 fron Colback, Yates and Mangala play centre mid. Then our biggest problem is up front. We need an out and out goalscorer. The danger is we spend money on the immediate problems - centre mid and left wing back leaving not enough for a top class striker. I dont think MGW is that player. A great luxury to have as an alternative to Lingard or Johnson but not that out and out striker. Short term gain but long term pain.

I think this is the player that Cooper wanted above all else though. But if wolves don’t want to sell why have we wasted all this time into the season on this.
Today has shown that despite all our good work in the transfer market it won’t take much to derail it all

We r in a difficult position because in the long run Richards plays left back and any 2 fron Colback, Yates and Mangala play centre mid. Then our biggest problem is up front. We need an out and out goalscorer. The danger is we spend money on the immediate problems - centre mid and left wing back leaving not enough for a top class striker. I dont think MGW is that player. A great luxury to have as an alternative to Lingard or Johnson but not that out and out striker. Short term gain but long term pain.
Pointless getting a world class striker..which we wouldn’t attract anyway..if you can’t create for them

Insane. Although I guess the level of insaniety depends on how achievable the add-ons were. For example - if a large chunk was for MGW scoring 20 goals or more, it would make a little more sense.

I also really do not want us to sign him at anything like that price. But Wolves have just signed Guedes for much less than they’re asking for MGW - which may make them more likely to sell...

https://www.skysports.com/football/...sfer-centre-live?postid=4269227#liveblog-body

You know how one of our players was chased over many windows and the price increased and he never signed for Sean Dyche?

Yeah that
Time to fuuck this bullshit off