Summer transfer window thread | Page 136 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Wallace agreed personal terms with a club abroad. We may be hoping that Prem footie was enough to make him reconsider. Not sure tho, he might just want to go and have some sun and the fact he stayed at Millwall 'hints' that hes a loyal type/man of his word.not chasing the dollar neccassarily.?
Id take him tho, absolutely. Bowler and Potter id have taken in the Championship, dont really know about the Prem. Threre's a lot of hype in the prem tho of course, I dont think the majority of players are exceptional tho obviously a percentage are. As much about organisation and consistency in a good side so certainly possible they can step up under our regime

Potter looks good enough to play in the PL as a starter.

Bowler doesn't.

He'd barely got his feet under the table last summer and Hughton was manager, with his own thoughts on targets/requirements - thankfully that situation changed.

Murphy (or indeed anyone in that role) will always be Marmite, however - his CV shows NFFC getting promoted to EPL and he was a key contributor in that.

I'm not judging him either way, I just hope he does what's best for Cooper/Forest - not really bothered what fans think - he'll ultimately be judged on his work at the end of this season.
I don’t necessarily disagree and I want us to do well out of transfers.

One of the main things I remember from last summer though was that we didn’t get any of our original transfer targets with at least two of them being because we were either significantly below what the selling club was looking for or because we were refusing to negotiate over a small difference in valuation.

Fast-forward to now and ousquad today would struggle in the Championship let alone the Prem.

It’s nowhere near panic stations yet and won’t be until the season kicks off but we need about 10 players in to just be competitive and the sooner they arrive, the sooner Cooper can work on integrating them into the team and squad.

We need the Murphy who got the Surridge signing over the line quickly and quietly, rather than the one from last summer.

This window is proving to be great fun so far with all the names linked but as the new boys in the division it also needs to be productive.

Potter looks good enough to play in the PL as a starter.

Bowler doesn't.
Everton released Bowler as not good enough so I would only look at him if we were paying virtually nothing for him.

Potter has a few admirers like Wet Spam and Leicester so I could see him attracting quite a big fee.

Gone a bit quiet over all three quoted signings despite the hype on vital. Is that good or bad? No news about Coopers contract or Johnson’s. Has the Forest communication line broken completely. Even the local reporters are just regurgitating Fridays reports. Is everyone on holiday because of rail strike?

Luton sign Woodrow. Does that mean someone else is up for sale.
I always thought we should have gone after Woodrow in the Championship. I think Luton have already lost one player and are bracing themselves for more to follow. They don’t have a great budget and last season could well have been their one shot. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them at the other end of the table this season.

Gone a bit quiet over all three quoted signings despite the hype on vital. Is that good or bad? No news about Coopers contract or Johnson’s. Has the Forest communication line broken completely. Even the local reporters are just regurgitating Fridays reports. Is everyone on holiday because of rail strike?
Hopefully it’s the calm before the storm.

Hendo was supposedly all but done as was Taiwo. We don’t know if the Niakhate transfer is still on or if it has broken down.

The rumours are shifting to Gibbs-White and Rodon with the Cyle Larin rumour reappearing because of the club getting a player in who is seen as a replacement.

Cooper’s deal is agreed according to reports so just needs signing but no idea on Johnson with reports and rumours ranging from in discussion to done and dusted.

Nottingham Forest are reportedly interested in signing Brazil international Gustavo Scarpa this summer.
The 28-year-old has spent the last four-and-a-half years at back-to-back Copa Libertadores champions Palmeiras, playing the full 90 minutes in last year's extra-time win over fellow Brazilian side Flamengo. Scarpa is currently still in the middle of his season as the Brazilian league begins in April and ends in November.

Mainly deployed as an attacking midfielder or as a left winger, Scarpa has scored seven goals and assisted another seven across all competitions this calendar year. Back in February's Club World Cup final, he played the entire 120 minutes as Palmeiras lost to Chelsea.

Former Nottingham Forest loanee Alfa Semedo has reportedly agreed a shock transfer to join Celtic on loan with a mandatory clause to make the move permanent next summer.

Former Nottingham Forest loanee Alfa Semedo has reportedly agreed a shock transfer to join Celtic on loan with a mandatory clause to make the move permanent next summer.
Welcome to him! He was bone idle and incapable of completing 90 minutes and gave the ball away more than he retained it.
Same thing when he was at Reading. I have a friend who follows Reading and said exactly the same. Attitude problem too.

Nottingham Forest are reportedly interested in signing Brazil international Gustavo Scarpa this summer.
The 28-year-old has spent the last four-and-a-half years at back-to-back Copa Libertadores champions Palmeiras, playing the full 90 minutes in last year's extra-time win over fellow Brazilian side Flamengo. Scarpa is currently still in the middle of his season as the Brazilian league begins in April and ends in November.

Mainly deployed as an attacking midfielder or as a left winger, Scarpa has scored seven goals and assisted another seven across all competitions this calendar year. Back in February's Club World Cup final, he played the entire 120 minutes as Palmeiras lost to Chelsea.
Hopefully he is better than our other one cap international signings. Be interesting to see what he costs.