Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 20 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Most Forest fans thought JG had a poor game today and wasn't up to it. They want others to be given a chance.
Notice Embleton scored today

Blackpool are hoping to ‘hijack’ Swansea City’s pursuit of Manchester United youngster Ethan Laird this month, reports Alan Nixon.
Nixon writes in The Sun on Sunday (15.08.21, pg. 63) that Blackpool have ‘made a late bid’ for Laird, 20, who looks set to be leaving Manchester United on loan this month.
The defender spent time on loan with MK Dons last season where he featured 24 times in League One under Russell Martin, who now wants to bring him to Swansea City.

Blackpool are said to have made a late approach for Swansea City transfer target Ethan Laird, as per a recent report by The Sun on Sunday.

The Manchester United full back is seemingly set to head out on loan for a second successive season after spending the previous campaign with MK Dons in Sky Bet League One.

Swansea boss Russell Martin has experience of working with the youngster from their time at Stadium MK together and is now keen to link up with the 20-year-old at the Liberty Stadium.

However it now appears that the Seasiders have made a late attempt to convince the youngster that his development would be better served at Bloomfield Road.

Laird has made two senior appearances for United’s first team and is viewed as a great prospect for the future at Old Trafford as the club prepares to sanction yet another temporary move for the academy graduate.

The Verdict

Laird certainly has two good clubs to choose between this summer and there is certainly an argument that can be made for both of them in terms of determining which one would better suit the defender’s development.

He has worked with Russell Martin before, so that is a clear and obvious positive for the Swans, whilst Neil Critchley at Blackpool is extremely experienced in working with younger players.

Both sides play a good brand of attacking football too, which means the player would be heading to a Championship side that will get the best out of him both defensively and offensively.

It seems highly likely that Laird will go to Swansea, although you have to admire Blackpool for being bold enough to rival them at such a late stage of negotiations.

It’ll certainly be interesting to see how the young full back fares in the Championship moving forwards.

Last edited:
I think we gave up on him over a month ago. Puzzling why we haven't brought in an alternative though.

BLACKPOOL AND READING INVOLVED AS FURTHER DETAILS OF POTENTIAL SUNDERLAND, EVERTON DEAL EMERGE

2021-07-26T010830Z_1050282462_MT1USATODAY16453111_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-2021-FLORIDA-CUP-INTERNATIONAL-CLUB-SOCCER-EVERTON-AT-MILLONARIOS.jpg

Everton striker Nathan Broadhead has reportedly rejected Blackpool, Reading, and Portuguese side Famalicao in order to join Sunderland on loan.

Sunderland and Blackpool want Leeds defender Niall Huggins
League One outfit Sunderland and Championship side Blackpool want Leeds United defender Niall Huggins, according to BBC journalist Adam Pope.

The playing chances of the 20-year-old versatile Welshman are currently limited at Elland Road, and a summer exit looks to be very much on the cards.

Pope posted on his personal Twitter account on Wednesday afternoon: “Sunderland as well as Blackpool interested in Leeds defender Niall Huggins.

10007960781200x824.jpg

“Opportunities for him clearly limited at Elland Road”

Time to move on

The youngster featured in just 37 minutes in the Premier League last season, coming off the bench to replace Ezgjan Alioski and make his debut during a 4-2 defeat at Arsenal in February.

Huggins featured mainly for the under-23s, and the fact that he only signed a new two-and-a-half year deal last December means a temporary departure instead of a permanent one could be on the cards.

Despite his age, he needs to be playing senior football as soon as possible, and the EFL duo is offering that opportunity.

We reckon joining Blackpool ahead of Sunderland makes sense for him as the quality of the Championship is slightly higher than that of the League One.

Leeds would be more concerned about his development, though, and they will likely allow him join a side where he is guaranteed regular playing opportunities.

Huggins played a key role to help the Whites under-23s secure promotion to the Premier League 2 Division 1 at the end of last season, featuring in 17 games and weighing in with two goals and one assist.

Being able to play as a left-back and right-back means he should see playing minutes wherever he ends up spending the season

Did Embleton hit the ground running? So much impatience. Most Pool fans didn't seem to rate Embleton either.
I know early days and players. Do better in a winning team and we need to step up a gear as a team.We appear to. have lost some of our get up and go and fighting as a team. Come on Pool.

I know early days and players. Do better in a winning team and we need to step up a gear as a team.We appear to. have lost some of our get up and go and fighting as a team. Come on Pool.
I dunno about that. I see players fighting for their lives. Connolly and Hubby at their back working their knackers off. Garbutt put a shift in on Tuesday too. Ward in the middle, almost on his tod. Lavery and Bowler trying everything they can. Anderson and Yates trying to get involved but living off scraps mostly. We are just missing pieces and, at the same time, struggling to adjust to the new demands.

I dunno about that. I see players fighting for their lives. Connolly and Hubby at their back working their knackers off. Garbutt put a shift in on Tuesday too. Ward in the middle, almost on his tod. Lavery and Bowler trying everything they can. Anderson and Yates trying to get involved but living off scraps mostly. We are just missing pieces and, at the same time, struggling to adjust to the new demands.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::rofl:

Felt sure we would have a RB in for the weekend. The rewritten of an unfit Viking or Sicknote doesn't inspire me with confidence

I really look forward to seeing Connelly freed up to play in midfield where I think he will do a great job. We need that right back in now.