Summer Transfer Rumours | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

I heard last week he'd had a bust up with Maloney and been fired with immediate effect.

Looks like Tinkerbell has pissed a few players off this season.

I heard last week he'd had a bust up with Maloney and been fired with immediate effect.

Let's say this is true Frank (which of course, it probably isn't), and let's also assume that Maloney told him he wasn't happy with some of his performances, and he was now behind Morrison in the pecking order ... wouldn't you think that was a good thing?

Silly question, I know, but hey, we're all still a little giddy after Saturday's (Maloney orchestrated) performance.

Last edited:
At 6'5 Goode was very good at defending crosses into the box - so a good sub if you are under pressure and clinging on to a lead. But other than that he was a strange signing in the first place as he was never a fit for what Maloney wants to do with playing out of the back and he wasn't as good as the other centre back options we had.

Goode will be looking for a new club in the summer and will obviously be keen to be a starter - i don't think he's done enough to get that from us. So if he has gone back it doesn't really make much of a difference to anything and just potentially saves a few weeks wages.

Last edited:
Can’t say I rated him and it’s baffling Morrison was dropped for him. Whether the bust rumours are true or not I’ve no idea, but as I said on Saturday Kerr wasn’t shy in telling Maloney publicly what he thought of being brought off. With the constant swapping and changing perhaps he said something about it.

I did get told at the game that Goode has gone back to Brentford, lad who told me didn't know why he'd gone back, he'd just heard it sort of second-hand.

Glad he’s gone back had enough injury prone players in the past looks like the club is learning at last. Just need a good scout now to spot a centre forward from non league or Ireland

Do you ever hear any good news, you seem to "hear" an awful amount of negative crap.

Tell us all who told you this latest rumour so we all don't think that it isn't yet another figment in your glass half empty world.

Do you ever hear any good news, you seem to "hear" an awful amount of negative crap.

Tell us all who told you this latest rumour so we all don't think that it isn't yet another figment in your glass half empty world.
Lad who told me was Ian Carter, not sure how/where he heard it though

Glad he’s gone back had enough injury prone players in the past looks like the club is learning at last. Just need a good scout now to spot a centre forward from non league or Ireland

Wouldn't mind the lad on loan to Lincoln from Luton, Joe Taylor. He looked really decent on Saturday.

He was also upset off to be subbed similarly to some of our players. Maybe he wants away too and is pissed off with their manager. :hmmm::hmmm:

Wouldn't mind the lad on loan to Lincoln from Luton, Joe Taylor. He looked really decent on Saturday.

He was also upset off to be subbed similarly to some of our players. Maybe he wants away too and is pissed off with their manager. :hmmm::hmmm:

He looked very good but but think he'd probably struggle in our side as he's not a back to goal target man.

From all the strikers we've seen this season who could potentially be realistic targets and fit what we need is Ahadme who is currently at Cambridge on loan from Ipswich and likely on a free in the summer. He's the right type of age, quite mobile and seemed to be have a bit of quality rather than just be a big brute.

He looked very good but but think he'd probably struggle in our side as he's not a back to goal target man.

From all the strikers we've seen this season who could potentially be realistic targets and fit what we need is Ahadme who is currently at Cambridge on loan from Ipswich and likely on a free in the summer. He's the right type of age, quite mobile and seemed to be have a bit of quality rather than just be a big brute.

Given Maloney's comments about the way we played leading up to the goal on Saturday, it being the Wigan DNA, maybe a back to goal striker is not the way he eventually wants to go and Charlie Kelman was an attempt in the January window to bring in a striker to match the way he wants to evolve.

Given Maloney's comments about the way we played leading up to the goal on Saturday, it being the Wigan DNA, maybe a back to goal striker is not the way he eventually wants to go and Charlie Kelman was an attempt in the January window to bring in a striker to match the way he wants to evolve.

Pass and moving is obviously the aim but it's much easier to do that if you have a striker who you can play into and hold the ball long enough to give their team mates to push up the pitch.

Even in the Martinez days Maloney references our best spells came when we had the likes of DiSanto and Kone who were very good at holding the ball. While coaching at Belgium he had Lukaku, at Hibs he had Nisbet and all of this season we've asked our strikers to play back to goal even if they they weren't well suited to it. So i think it's Maloney style that needs a target man to work, as if we wanted to play without one we'd probably already tried to do do things differently to get more out of the likes of Wyke, Kelman or Humphrys.