Summer Holidays | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer Holidays

Not a fan of all inclusive went to fuengirola on the costa del sol in '98 and was bad as a dog all week. Must of left the food there sitting out all day. The thought of paella or watermelon makes me shudder to this day! The queue for the doctors in the hotel was a mile long and I was projectile vomiting about 8 times a day for the whole week. Survived on rich tea biscuits and water!

Then went on a lads holiday all inclusive to magaluf 4 year ago and the drinks were shit, cheapest vodka just watered down so it was like pop.

Why would you go all inc to Magalluf? It's not like you were going to stop in every night is it?

I am actually surprised you've been abroard before Carl, the trouble we had getting you to Lisbon.

I know yeah was my mates choice, they were sat in the hotel bar till 1am getting the free drink then coming home legless by 3am which ruined the holiday for me like.

And na Manx I'm a seasoned traveller me you know! Only issue with Lisbon was getting a match ticket the travel was fine. Went to Bristol then flew to faro then train to Lisbon then had to walk across the city to find our hotel so did quite well

You walked across the city? There was a Metro for about two pund man!

Anyway we know we're trying our hardest not to get into Europe anymore so no dangers of any more of these trips. Bottle that in your memory bank.

Yeah thats it I can't see us getting back in anytime in the next 5 year so it was important to make the most of the chance we had last season. Brugge and Lisbon will stay with me forever!

ManxMag - 30/5/2013 15:11

You walked across the city? There was a Metro for about two pund man!

Anyway we know we're trying our hardest not to get into Europe anymore so no dangers of any more of these trips. Bottle that in your memory bank.

Hey ManxMag, is that weather clearing up for the weekend, and the racing.
Have already ditched my golf holiday in exchange for 5 days at the Island for next years TT.
Cant wait..

It's been allright this year Daftlad except for Monday when it pissed down all day. Looks okay for the weekend and most of next week so we should be allright. It's getting busy now like, some right loons on the roads but the place is buzzing. Let us know if you need anywhere to stop next year.

That's a great offer for next year ManxMag, been listening to Manx Radio, and you can feel the level of expectation increasing by the day.

Hope everyone gets home safely, and Guy Martin gets his win!!!!

There's alreday been one rider killed . Japanese lad. Very popular apparently. Locals all rooting for Conor Cummins. In with a shout this year they reckon.

Would be good to see Conor win, after that truly horrendous crash at the Veranda, to even walk again is a miracle, never mind race at lap speeds over 130mph!!!!

We had a holiday in Isle of Man quite a few years ago now, in a cottage about a mile or two south of Ramsey. This was in the Summer, way after the main event but there was still racing going on. Thoroughly enjoyed it, had some great meals in a restaurant just on the quayside at Ramsey I seem to recall.

It's canny if you're into walking, cycling or motorbikes Taff. You wouldn't come for the weather. The nightlife isn't great but it's better during the TT when the bars and clubs go to a lot more effort. And we get some decent bands, some beer tents and some imported strippers!

Daftlad I take it you have seen the footage of cummins' crash? It was a miracle the way he bounced over that stone wall. If he wins, I reckon the island would go radge.

AMac - 30/5/2013 12:44

"Before she booked the easy jet flights into Mykonos this July I checked a lot of website just to make sure there would be no queer going on's this time around"

I see MM has beaten me to it CM. Mykonos is the European capital for gay bum banditry which is why I was a little concerned when one of my oldest school friends went there on his own ??????.

We are only there for 2 nights then off to another island ,AMac, then back for two more nights, should be ok as I have the two kids with me so I wont be going out there on the lash so wont come across any of them, no pun intended !

Hey Carl, do you look like Carl Pilkington ? You know the geezer that does the Idiot Abroad series :91: :91: