Summer 2020 transfers | Page 50 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

DG I bet you like what DF has to say about McLean too:

His status over the last two years has just grown more and more. He was an important piece for our success in the last Championship campaign. He was always present and integral when we won the title. As a player, he has a good balance. He’s physical and good in the air with many headers, he’s dynamic and aggressive in the midfield areas and also knows how to play with the ball. He’s proven he can deliver many assists on the Championship level. He’s a good all-round player and for that I’m very happy that he has signed this contract. He’s at a good age and is really good for the dynamic of the group.'

£825,000 for Beckford and he didnt suit our style of play.

That was a really shocking piece of scouting as Beckford's game was all about hanging off the shoulder of the centre back as a lone striker and beating him for speed with the ball over the top. His ball control and general hold up ability were shocking.

I see Leicester have signed Timothy Castagne for 21 million. A right back who can play left back (Like byram). Leicester site says he will full the gap left by chilwell but the club still want an actual left footed player at the back. So will it be Lewis. They just splashed 21 million will they be happy to spend another 20 million?

If the club sells Lewis do you think they'll go with xazi and McCallum with byram too or will they go get another left back? Or will that money go on a central defender (If not gibson), or not get spent?

Leicester still linked to Lewis, which is an obvious fit and would be a good move for the player, much better than if he’d signed for Liverpool.
If he’s sold, I can see McCallum and Xavi competing for the LB slot but if he isn’t sold then I’d expect McCallum to go out on-loan, probably back to Coventry.

A few more thoughts on recent events in the Canary world below...

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk...ier-league-clubs-still-want-norwich-defender/

So it seems we are still interested in Gibson and also Mawson, but according to Daily Mirror sports journalist James Nursey Gibson doesn't want to move to Norwich and wants a move to Forest. The hold up is that we have offered him a couple of deals and he has rejected them. I think that will be that then. Mawson is their number two option so go for him then.

I saw on the transfer centre about Newcastle and Leicester interest in Lewis is genuine and offer could come in during this international break.

I am glad we have stuck by our valuations seeing other clubs asking for big money for players who have been in the championship only.

The latest is West Ham's Grady Diangana who is reported to be under offer for £18 million from Fulham, WBA, Villa.

Again I see all promoted clubs are looking to splash some cash ---- We can dream.

I am guessing the loan fee will be taken off any future fee. 75% is a decent chunk. Funny how it was silent, then I mention it has gone quiet, then report comes out saying he doesn't want to come to us and now it seems he has signed.

Final piece of the puzzle if he comes but if he doesn't I am sure Webber will move on to next target which is apparently Mawson. Work colleague said that we were one of a few clubs interested in wolves defender Cameron John, but he wanted first team football and so he signed for Doncaster. He said we were also interested in their other defender Dion Sanderson. Webber has links with wolves as does another of the staff whose name escapes me so makes sense.

Last edited: