Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

xvausch - 29/12/2017 02:20

No they wont.

This is an idiotic signing on its face, the player will have to become the World's #1 CB on the pitch within 2 seasons, and maintain that level for another 7, to justify it, and he won't. He's just not that good.

I can't believe John Henry sanctioned this, blows my mind.

People are laughing at them behind their backs right now, and if the player falls on his face, people will be laughing in their faces.

Cant see this bonkers outlier having any dramatic impact on the overall market.

Istn't it exactly what they were saying when Citeh offered us 50 mill for walker? I am afraid you will find 75 mill is the new 50 mill.

80deg16minW - 11/1/2018 15:57

Matic - 11/1/2018 15:45

80deg16minW - 11/1/2018 15:37

TBF he has stuck to his word. But the players know how to make themselves unwanted. Just piss off MP.

Did Walker actually piss Poch off or did we part on good terms?

Apparently MP was very pissed off when Walker came and said he wanted to move during the title run. I'm pretty sure that was a well publicized story from MP himself.

So all a first team player needs to do is ask for a move in the run in?

Age (Vert) and time left on contract (Toby) will mean they won't go for over 100M if they go.

I think Vert has accepted his Barca move ain't happening, Toby I'm more worried about as despite Levy publicly stating he'd sign soon - he hasn't.

So when Malcom decides he'd prefer Goons to Spurs because he 'prefers to ply his trade under Arsene Wenger...' one might question the lad's understanding of things.

Wonder how he would feel if the Frenchman weren't there come the Summer.

And would PSG really let Lucas Moura go for £25m??

I know the word is he only wants to go to Manure, but at that price is he not worth at least an offer?

Desperation and January windows are two factors that jack up the prices. But I'd still put Toby at 70 mill mark. I also think we can recover all of, if not more than, what we paid for Jannsen. Let's see how desperate United are for Rose....Levy will earn his bonus on just one deal!

Don't think Ward-Prowse would help us get to a new level. At 20 years old, I think Richarlison could though. Chelsea seem in pole position there though.

As for centre mid, don't know enough about James Maddison, but seems to be having as a great season at Norwich. We'd no doubt leave him there until the summer.

Also still wondering whether it's worth trying to get Max Meyer. He's now fully transitioned into the Modric role at Schalke who are 2nd in the Bundesliga. Yet another Poch type player who is out of contract in the summer. He will inevitably move somewhere.

Walthamstow wanderer - 28/1/2018 17:28

Finding a report that Alladyce is trying to offload Michael Keane in the last days of the window a bit strange
He is somebody that I thought would be good for us Good defender . Young . English. Surprised they want to get rid , allegedly

Not sure whether that can be true. Source?
Allardyce is only there till May or so. Keane is an asset for the reasons you mentioned, I’d think the club will want to keep him.

If we’re bringing in another cb, I’d go for Celtic’s Kristoffer Ajer. He’ll be a great player some day. Selling CV will make room in the squad.

So we have dropped our interest in Malcom and the media are reporting that Spurs are opting to wait until the summer to (fail to) get their first choice targets.

I really feel for Poch. The expectations on him are huge now but no other team who want to get top 4 football treat their managers or team like this. I know it doesn't necessarily mean much, but our net spend goes from being a astonishing achievement to an absolute embarrassment in the blink of an eye - smart one second, severely lacking ambition the next.

Fulham are trying to sign Sebastian Leto, whose main position is LW. They are also trying to sign Matt Targett from Saints (LB).

Fulham are either very short on their left side, or are preparing for losing a left sided player. :69:

Pollo - 5/1/2018 18:15

80deg16minW - 5/1/2018 17:33

I think January expectations may be a bit high amongst Spur supporters.

Yea players running down or out of contracts and those from championship, extremely unreasonable.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11203421/levy-100-no-players-will-be-sold

When Manu sign Sanchez we should be all over Rashford. He will never get game time.

Pollo - 17/1/2018 12:30

When Manu sign Sanchez we should be all over Rashford. He will never get game time.

Based on available information Rashford is currently on 30K per week so he is attainable.

I think it takes that long cos levy insists on sitting in his office counting out the notes . The more the player costs the longer it takes him .
Seems obvious to me