Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Apparently he has a heart condition.

Would fit in with the lack of heart in some of the spurs players

I’m here all week

xvausch - 8/1/2018 20:51

Maybe Sessegnon Domino 1 - Is there a deal for Matt Targett from Saints to Cottagers on loan for the remainder of the season?

Wonder where we stand in that mix at the moment.

It's between us and Man utd supposedly. Man utd (Mourinho especially) won't take a risk on such a young player unproven in the PL. Mourinho has an awful track record for putting faith in youth where Poch has a reputation for it. Plus the player wants to stay in London.

I would not be surprised if Arsenal go in big for him though and Chelsea may even step in. I still think we've put a lot of work into our pursuit of him though and would be surprised if we didn't push hard for him in the summer.

freundorfoe - 8/1/2018 18:21

we'd all take another Dele! Well... most of us would, some want shot of him every game he doesn't score.

I do agree about our young players though, KWP has played well every match but doesn't get a look in. Take away Trippier's crossing (4 assists isn't too shabby for a full back) and you have a pretty average player ill suited to being a wing back.

Georgiou and N'Koudou would surely have offered more on the wing than Sissoko when he's deployed there?

KWP looks better and better each time I see him play. I like Trippier a lot but he is not as affective in a back four where his defensive skills are needed more. He needs the freedom of having a wide CB covering him. I also think there is A LOT more to come from Aurier! KWP just seems to suit Poch's system more naturally which is why I'm so surprised that he's not been picked more.

As for Georgiou and N'Koudou, I have no idea why Poch doesn't bring these guys on in more games to at least try something different. Their brand of pace and flair drags defenders all over the shop which would help open up stubborn defences. I wish I knew what Sissoko does on the training ground that gets him picked so easily. I really hope it isn't just because of his price tag and supposed "experience".

Kinygerbils - 4/12/2017 09:07

We should be using this window to get our business done for next season, get the players in we want

That is never going to happen.

Barkley to the Chavs to fill their English quota. He is killing his career, but after his injury I am not too fussed if we don't get him.

xvausch - 22/1/2018 16:14

A lot of Spurs' targets are apparently "not leaving" during the January window, according to their relative Chairmen/Mgrs.

Well, in fairness, they're probably confident that we'll drop out of any deal because of our past January transfer activity. :54:

spurdon - 5/1/2018 00:19

One more game before I'm off. Oh God just buy Ryad Marhez short term he is almost the only 100% nailed on solution to our lack of guile/ pace. I don't even like the bloke but he's the only way we have a hope in hell of top 4.

I'd take his fellow striker too.

xvausch - 4/1/2018 11:52

Today I watched a crazy even match...

Goons took off Lacazette and put on Welbeck

Chelski took off Hazard and put on Willian

Those are potential game changing subs. With our best 11 starting, and no injuries, can we make a comparable sub? One we could expect to shift the course of a match?

We need players that are going to continue to improve our overall speed of play. We are best when we are moving fast. Some of that comes from familiarity, and Kane-Eriksen-Dele-Son-(and Winks) are all flowing pretty well together. I'm going with the expectation that Lamela will get back to his pre-injury contribution.

The shakiness in the defense is different from last season, and has changed what the attacking players are able to do. The transition forward thru Toby-Victor-Eriksen, a faster more direct path, has been disrupted, and the play wide is happening deeper instead of in the final third, bogging sh|t down and exposing the likes of Sissoko and Tripp.

IMO, all healthy, on top form, our best 11 looks like...

<B><I>4-3-3</b></i>

_________Hugo_________
Aurier_Toby_Vert_Rose
_________Victor_________
_____Eriksen_Dele_____
Lamela____________Son
_________Kane_________

Of those, 2 or 3 are possibly concerning...

Rose - For all the obvious reasons
Lamela - How good will he be?
Aurier - Some pretty shaky performances, but new to the Prem

<b><i>3-3-3-1</b></i>

__Sanchez_Toby_Vert___
Aurier___Victor_____Rose
__Dele__Eriksen___Son__
__________Kane__________

<b><i>4-2-3-1</b></i>

Aurier_Toby_Vert_Rose
____Dier__Victor______
Dele__Eriksen___Son
________Kane_________

So, which of those players' roles could be improved upon with a January signing?

Off the bench we'd have Sanchez, Lamela, Winks, Llorente, Davies, Tripp, in order of potential on-field value. And then the rest.

Do we have younger players that could rise to the occasion? KWP, Edwards, Amos, TOB, Sterling, Harrison? Kyle Walker Peters being the most known of a mysterious group. Maybe we need a "Kyle" back on our flank? Seem to be missing the last one a bit. And who is this Oliver Skipp kid?

Spurs have become pretty adept at developing young talent, and Poch's stated desire to get early deals done this Winter, looking to bring the players in at the start of the Summer, makes alot of sense. Might be the best way to get the players we need without spending the new special "Liverpool Tax".

<u>Who do we buy?</u>

<b>Ryan Sessegnon</b> <i>(And his brother Steven apparently) </i><b>(Fulham) -</b>
No brainer, prolly cost 35m. Sign him(them), loan them back for the season. No matter what happens with Rose, this is just a player we should sign, and figure out where he plays later.

<b>Christian Pulisic (BVB) & Weston McKennie (Shalke) -</b>
Pulisic is the real deal, and he's showing it with Dortmund. I would have no problem whatsoever with Levy writing a 50m check for his kid right now. He is that good already, and his potential is off the charts. He is grounded, his head is screwed on straight, and he's been in Europe for years, and he's only 19. He WILL be playing in the Prem next year, and we really can't let Manure or Piss get him. He is a PERFECT fit for Poch's playing and coaching style, and if we were needing a replacement/improvement for Eriksen, this guy might be it.

McKennie is a totally off the radar player, but that won't be for long. He's a strong CM with excellent vision and great touch on the pass. Not as polished a pro as Pulisic, but he's as good a prospect out there for around 5m. And I think we've seen we could use some good depth at the pivot.

These two Americans are friends, both mature for their age (19), and play very very well together. Signing them both, bringing Pulisic in now, and loaning McKennie back, would be a great bit of business. USA is out of the World Cup so both players would be available for a full offseason/preseason. Experienced European pros, room them together, they're less likely to suffer the Yedlin syndrome.

<b>Jadon Sancho (BVB)</b>
There was talk of a nifty roundabout deal with the kid ending up at Spurs next season. Whether there was any truth to it or not, he's proving to be the player we thought he might be. Might not be available, but as another sign and loan back player, he could be a great buy for the future.

<b>Ross Barkley </b>
I've not been too big on this deal, which is weird because I remember seeing him first break in and thinking how I'd like to se him in a Spurs shirt. I've come around again. It's clear Moose is nearly done, he's prolly already on the hip replacement path in his retirement. And Winks has shown he's got a bit of mental work to do. Provided he can get fit, Barkley playing in the CM pivot with Victor would create a slew of new options for Poch. Can't cost much, in this market he'd be a steal. Regardless of his injury, there is <i>NO WAY </i> that I could believe he'd end up being worse than Sissoko. Why hasn't this been announced already?

<B>Luke Shaw</b>
If Rose went to Manure and we took Shaw in return plus 25m, well that'd prolly be ok. But isn't he on some stupid ridiculous salary? Is he potentially a World Class Fullback? I'm not sure. After Poch called him a lazy pussy with an attitude problem, one wonders if the Coach rates him. But the player has said he'd like to play for him again so who knows.

<b>Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen) </b>
Everybody wants Draxler, but Brandt is a better buy. Strong on the ball with size that belies his quickness, speed, and dribbling ability, he can make plays with his feet and his passing. He'd fit in our wide forward spot, more inclined for the left I think, as well as the middle. With 150 top level games under his belt already at the age of 21, he could be a quick contributor. My guess is he'd cost between 25-30m. Next year, if he has a successful World Cup with Germany, he could cost 75m. This guy could be a great Spurs player under Pocchetino.

<u>We should probably sell somebody.</u>

<b>Rose</b> is the most talked about potential sale. Me, I'd rather he get fit and play like his last game. Be the best Left Back in England, and become a true Spurs legend. However, if he were to go for a 50m type fee, well kinda hard to not to be ok with it. If he's down again with his knee for any extended period of time, I'd surely sell him in the Summer.

<b>Moose</b> is about done. Made himself one of the best in the team, and showed how to put your head down and work to improve your weaknesses. Total pro, well when he ain't gouging eyes that is. He should go to France, finish off his career, then return home, relax, and run his Hotel. Whatever we get for him would be fine, he should be sent where he can get a chance to play a less rigorous game than The Prem.

<b>Sissoko. </b> God please let him go somewhere. Anywhere. please. He's got some ability, and he was fantastic for France in the Euros, however if we don't have a young player in the wings that could <i>at least</i> contribute as much as Sissoko has, then we has some real big problems. I don't think he'll ever be more than a serviceable backup, and frankly he's taking pitch time from some guys that could be alot better. If anybody offers us anything we should just send him away.

<u>Loans out, loanees back in...</u>

<b>NkooDoo</b>
Last game he was given a chance, he took it by the neck. Wait, that was pretty much the only chance he's been given this season. And none since. Hmmmmm...... Why is this? I really like the guy. He seems like a really likeable guy. I'm going back to the Sissoko comparison again, but I'd rather see this guy get a chance. At least NkooDoo's brain works fast, has to to keep up with his feet. I see no value in loaning this guy out. Either he stays and earns time and that's great, or he stays and can't get in, and then we make a decision on him in the Summer.

<b>Janssen</b>
Boy what a strange disappointment (So far). I thought he'd make it. My hope was he'd be scoring for fun in Turkey. Guess not. I heard Napoli wants him, how that happens I don't know, but recalling him to sit is senseless. Be great if he banged in 20 for the season and made us think of bringing him back in the Summer.

<b> Onomah & CCV</b>
If we don't bolster the CM/AM/AF spots at all with new signings, then bringing Onomah back might be prudent. Otherwise letting him play more there is best. Not sure I see the benefit of recalling CCV for us or the player, as long as he is doing well and getting regular time on loan.

Sending out a few of the mysterious youngins' mentioned above is likely in the cards. But I really hope we do see Marcus Edwards get a real chance in the first team this season.

GK: Hugo; Vorm; Gazzinga
CB: Toby; Vert; Sanchez; Foyth
LB: Rose; Davies
RB: Aurier; Tripp; KWP
DCM: Victor; Dier; Winks
CM: Dele; <B><I>Barkley</i></b>
ACM: Eriksen; <B><I>Pulisic</i></b>
LF: Son; <B><I>Brandt</i></b>; NkooDoo
RF: Lamela; Edwards
CF: Kane; Llorente

Winter Signings for Summer Arrivals
R Sessegnon; S Sessegnon; McKennie; & Sancho

<u>Then....</u>

Rose to Manure for 55m, 15m for Moose, 20m for Sissoko, and we take that and buy Bale for 75m, and subsidize his salary down to 200k/wk with performance add-ons and such.

:9:

Excellent post..... quite possibly the best I have read

xvausch - 5/1/2018 05:08

steveperryman - 4/1/2018 16:13

I don't see us competing for the signature of Pulisic but i agree he's the real deal. I do however see us completing a deal for Barkley & that would surely be another step in the right direction.

Well, we are competing for Pulisic, and have been trying to make an arrangement for awhile. Kloppy has been a pest in the process, and if we want him, we will have to overpay and do it early.

Word is Chavs have made a 15m offer for Barkley.

I do hope you're right because Pulisic is a cut above.

Shame about Barkley because he looked a good fit for us. Money was obviously a big factor.

Watching Liverpool v Citeh just hammers home the point about our lack of pace. These two teams the best attacking teams in this league at the moment and a lot of that is due to the pace. Can you imagine what our current team would be like with Sane or Mane or Salah. Sonny is showing at the moment how important pace is at this moment and we have such little of it.

with Lamela's return, do we really need another attacking player to congest the very effective current pool being enjoyed ?

the only reason for a Barkley bid would be if theres been a nod for maybe Alli, Erikssen or the like from a megamoney club.

I can see ultra-silly money being offered for Alli, Erikssen or even Kane within the next 12 months. A cut-price Barkley with a year's rehab may well tick a few boxes, as a replacement.

I honestly would be surprised if we do ANY business this window.

Let me be clear, before I get slapped by you guys, I hope we do business, it just doesn't seem like we are that motivated to do any.

I still am dumbfounded that we simply cannot find a good second option to Kane...

I think barkley will wait until the top 4 is decided before he makes his move. If we miss out then we may miss out on him.

Gorestzka will probably do the same.

Plenty O'Tool - 13/12/2017 15:32

with Lamela's return, do we really need another attacking player to congest the very effective current pool being enjoyed ?

the only reason for a Barkley bid would be if theres been a nod for maybe Alli, Erikssen or the like from a megamoney club.

I can see ultra-silly money being offered for Alli, Erikssen or even Kane within the next 12 months. A cut-price Barkley with a year's rehab may well tick a few boxes, as a replacement.

We need strength in depth no matter how many players we have. I would personally forget barkley and go after some wide men with pace so eriksen can be pushed in to the middle.

isnt Barkley contract-less next summer, should mean available for peanuts especially with a year rehab to follow.

the attacking players are fluid enough to play without too much designation of position.

too many players can lead to de-motivation as many will not have decent playing-time. I feel the current midfield/attacking quantity with quality is pretty much optimal for performances both individually and collectively - unless outgoings are foreseen long or even short-term.