Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 98 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Eriksen's contract seemed to have gone under the radar with everything that is (not) happening this window.

2 years left on his contract, which means we are selling next year, and his departure would be more significant than Toby's.

I hoped that the sweetener for lack of signings would be contract extensions (money invested into salaries etc., but this window is really turning out to be terrible.

Eriksen's contract seemed to have gone under the radar with everything that is (not) happening this window.

2 years left on his contract, which means we are selling next year, and his departure would be more significant than Toby's.

I hoped that the sweetener for lack of signings would be contract extensions (money invested into salaries etc., but this window is really turning out to be terrible.

I imagine it will be announced once the window has shut as a "we fucked up the window, but here!"

Or he's taken a look at our business and decided he wants to go somewhere with ambition....

Eriksen knows he has a better chance of getting out, if he wants to, with a year left.

I know we shouldnt sell to a rival but it seems utd are the only ones interested in toby which I think is madness as he is quality.

I'm sure other teams in Europe are interested. But it seems we are asking for too much money.

If he doesn't go to United I wouldn't be surprised if a team from Europe try there luck after our window shuts.

I get the impression that Toby desperately wants out. Poch doesn't tend to keep players around that don't buy into the project anymore. Their relationship looks done, just how it seems to me.

Pochs preference for players who fit a few positions hopefully would see us chase Pavard rather than Mina as a replacement. Its getting late in the widow now but I do expect Levy to do his usual brinkmanship and we will have a couple of new arrivals before the deadline.

Selling Toby and not replacing him cannot happen.

I'm sure other teams in Europe are interested. But it seems we are asking for too much money.

If he doesn't go to United I wouldn't be surprised if a team from Europe try there luck after our window shuts.

There should be a price for ManU and a totally different one for foreign clubs.

Tottenham Hotspur have enquired over the availability of the Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Lobotka.

Spurs are believed to have ask the club the player’s valuation and whether they would be open to selling the Slovakian this summer.

Toby looks on his way to ManUre for around £60m. Their Mina deal has collapsed. We've supposedly dropped interest in Zaha (again) because Palace have priced us out, so Chelsea are in pole position for him.

Still, we are only loosely linked to a few players but nothing appearing concrete. Grealish is obviously a target but it's just a case of how much we get bent over with our arse cheeks pulled apart now. Villa don't want to sell, don't need to sell and our desperation is now common knowledge, despite how much Cullen or Poch will play it down.

Villa do still need to sell IF they hope to avoid FFP sanctions.

I'll take that.

Besides getting the best CB in the league for another year, this will send a message to all the clubs out there - if you want our players you pay our fees. Otherwise, the only way out for a player is to run down his contract - which is perfectly acceptable.
On the face of it I would agree, but if Poch might need the £60m to finance other deals, he then has to weigh up the pros and cons.
If we can only get £50m for him I would keep him, there is always the chance that if we have a great season and M.U. don't he may sign a new contract.
Lets not forget that he will be 30, how many clubs would be prepared to pay him £180k a week at his age.

On the face of it I would agree, but if Poch might need the £60m to finance other deals, he then has to weigh up the pros and cons.
If we can only get £50m for him I would keep him, there is always the chance that if we have a great season and M.U. don't he may sign a new contract.
Lets not forget that he will be 30, how many clubs would be prepared to pay him £180k a week at his age.

Plenty I'm sure. Especially if they can get an experienced top level CB for 25M

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The agents bong bong drums are suggesting that the manure have finaly relented and are now going to let Martial join us after all..in which case, it looks like a swap, with Toby getting his move to the shitshow that is Moroniho..

It's brinkmanship of the first order, but if it happens, Levy/our board will have faced them down.

I'm still skeptical, but one agent who's looking to be part of the knock on effect is adamant the impasse has been broken.

I guess we'll see in just 4 days!!

The agents bong bong drums are suggesting that the manure have finaly relented and are now going to let Martial join us after all..in which case, it looks like a swap, with Toby getting his move to the shitshow that is Moroniho..

It's brinkmanship of the first order, but if it happens, Levy/our board will have faced them down.

I'm still skeptical, but one agent who's looking to be part of the knock on effect is adamant the impasse has been broken.

I guess we'll see in just 4 days!!

Martial would be a huge message to everyone - the fans, players (ours and potential transfers) and other teams

It would also mean greater flexibility which would translate to a leaner squad, personnel wise and financially.

Since he can play as a 9 we get rid of both Janssen and Llorente, while his main position on the wing means that both GKN and Sissoko can go (and let's hear none of the 'Sissoko can play as a CM').

Fingers crossed.

If we need to loan players, Leeds is worth considering on what I have seen so far this afternoon. Mind you their players look beyond our best youngsters .

If we need to loan players, Leeds is worth considering on what I have seen so far this afternoon. Mind you their players look beyond our best youngsters .

Yep, watching the game as well Nick, very entertaining 1st half, that Saiz looks quality on the ball.

Very high standard. I wouldn't fancy playing them. Ayling looks good too. Saiz, Hernandez and Roofe looking dangerous. Leeds have only signed one player so Bielsa is only working with what was there.

Very high standard. I wouldn't fancy playing them. Ayling looks good too. Saiz, Hernandez and Roofe looking dangerous. Leeds have only signed one player so Bielsa is only working with what was there.

They are our ideal farm club.