Summer '17 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Summer '17

Can't argue with that assessment Tic! Spot on! I think we'd all have liked another CB in but if Rodgers didn't feel the right sort of CB was available at the right price then he's right to hold off. However there may come a point where we either have to up how much we're willing to pay, both in terms of fee and wages otherwise we could end up in a position of not having enough players which we are very nearly in!
It would have been pointless to bring in another defender if BR didn't think they were better than Bitton and/or Ajer and clearly anybody that was available wasn't going to be an improvement on them.

I think Ajer could have benefited from another season on loan playing CB, however it looks as though we're going to need him this season and that means Rodgers and Kennedy can work with him to help him improve.

We can only all hope that Sviatchenko returns from injury, apparently he's ahead of schedule, and plays with a point to prove and with a lot of focus! If he does, he'll once again endear himself to the fans and confidence in him will grow again but it will also lead to a better transfer in the future if that is ultimately what is going to happen with him.

We've been linked (again) with a move for out of contract Reto Ziegler, who we discussed earlier in this thread. Having said that it's in the Britsman, sorry, the Scatsman so it's most likely a steaming pile of hun unionist shite.

I'd be effin ragin' if we did bring him in now when he'd be ineligible for our CL squad!

Jozo and Broony have both signed new contracts!

THE club is delighted to have secured new deals for both club captain, Scott Brown and central defender, Jozo Simunovic.

Brown, who has been in sensational form in leading the Invincibles under Brendan Rodgers has signed a new two-year deal that will see him stay with the Hoops until at least 2019.

Simunovic, who signed from Dinamo Zagreb in 2015, has penned a new four-year deal until at least the summer of 2021.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/13219

Great to have Broony sorted for another few years, and without any fuss. A wee nice boost.

Surprised but delighted to have tied Jozo down (figuratively speaking) until 2021. That's a major bonus in a playing sense but also financially too. We've just ensured that any bids for Jozo will now be starting at north of £15m and I'd be very surprised if we accepted any less than £20m when the time comes unless it is heavily sell-on claused oot its nut!

Did see this news the other day but just been too busy to post. Great news! In particular the Jozo contract in my opinion as like you say Tic, we've effectively just set a starting price for any potential bids!

Callum McGregor has now signed a new 4 year deal!!! FOUR years? He was still under contract until 2019!

Kolo Toure is BACK at Celtic! Not as a player though! He has decided to give up on his hopes of continuing his playing career and decided to focus on the coaching. He joins us as a Technical Assistant where he will be working with the first team AND across the youth teams!

Latest Celtic News