SUISA become TIB due to copyright | Vital Football

SUISA become TIB due to copyright

MaxBlade

Vital Youth Team
SUISA - Sheffield United Independent Supporters Association have had their Facebook page disabled & had to change their name due to copy right infringement through use of the term ‘Sheffield United’
From now on they will be known as ‘The Independent Blades’

All seems a bit OTT by the club to me, but then again I’m no legal expert just a fan, so what does my opinion matter...?

Welcome to the Premier League.

"Sheffield United" is now a £100m+ brand, and like it or not, someone cares about making sure it is protected. I know they wouldn't, but if SUISA did something unfortunate, like issue a racist statement or even borrow money for a family with a tenuous link to terrorism (like that would ever happen), then none of the PL watchers anywhere in the world would know or care that this was an independent organisation that just used the name.

As you say, welcome to the Premier League.

If they didn't receive any warning of this - it seems very heavy handed to me. Not exactly a great PR exercise

If they didn't receive any warning of this - it seems very heavy handed to me. Not exactly a great PR exercise
No bugger outside of SUFC connections will lave even heard about this.

Storm in a teacup? More like a bit of drizzle in the Atlantic

Has McBurnem signed yet? Chuff this stuff,i want McBurnem signed NAR and when i say NAR i mean NAR.UTPB

I'm sure the word "independent" is a pretty big tipoff that it's unofficial.

Unfortunately the Prem, being the killjoys that they are, want to stop fans from using the name of their own club.

Christ almighty.

I'm sure the word "independent" is a pretty big tipoff that it's unofficial.

Unfortunately the Prem, being the killjoys that they are, want to stop fans from using the name of their own club.

Christ almighty.

They have been called SUISA for a number of years, it is a bit piss poor that the club only have an issue with it now that we are in the Premier League, although I do understand there reasoning behind it.