Style or hoof | Vital Football

Style or hoof

These stats v current league table show us in decent light, give us our 8 points back and tippy, tippy sideways , back pass ..might just bring its rewards……….bloody frustrating sometimes though.. ps quick & direct is what I am , ask the ex 🤣🤣🤣

An interesting graphic.

Both ourselves and Stevenage seem to be the outliers, albeit at opposite end of the spectrum. It’ll be an interesting chart to refer back to in say another three months to measure progress - or otherwise.

I take it the thread title is a question?

If so neither for Latics, the players we have play best like we did in the opening games of the season.

Not hoof not style just bloody hard graft and shots on goal, its called playing to your strengths and we are good at it.

Get back to how we played earlier in the season and the majority of the fans will be happy, win lose or draw.

I take it the thread title is a question?

If so neither for Latics, the players we have play best like we did in the opening games of the season.

Not hoof not style just bloody hard graft and shots on goal, its called playing to your strengths and we are good at it.

Get back to how we played earlier in the season and the majority of the fans will be happy, win lose or draw.

I think with us, when we move the ball quickly, Maloney's style is very exciting to watch, just get games like last night, where the ball isn't moved quickly, but that can be equally down to players off the ball, not creating spaces with movement, than the player in possession not being capable.

Inconsistencies of a young, relatively inexperienced players, propping up a side with the likes of Lang, Humps, Pearce who have been around the block

A mixture of both is what's needed, although the form table doesn't lie. What we are doing is working

I don't think any of us would be happy with a loss however well we played. Especially you know who!
Ok smart arse I'll rephrase, if we lose but put in a good shift and lost by the odd goal I would go home thinking something on the lines of "we were unlucky there to at least not got a draw" or "at least we gave them a game" and wouldn't be pissed off.

There is a way to lose a game.

Ok smart arse I'll rephrase, if we lose but put in a good shift and lost by the odd goal I would go home thinking something on the lines of "we were unlucky there to at least not got a draw" or "at least we gave them a game" and wouldn't be pissed off.

Yeah, right

Serious question Frank. If you had the choice of us playing absolutely 💩💩 but winning. Or playing exceptionally well but losing, which one would you rather have?

Serious question Frank. If you had the choice of us playing absolutely 💩💩 but winning. Or playing exceptionally well but losing, which one would you rather have?
This season I take it?

I have never seen us play absolutey shite and win, even though some performances have been dire.

Neither have I seen us play exceptionally well and lose.

This season I take it?

I have never seen us play absolutey shite and win, even though some performances have been dire.

Neither have I seen us play exceptionally well and lose.

That doesn't answer the question though Frank, it is simply saying it hasn't happened so far this season.

Which would you rather have was the question.