Strikers | Vital Football

Strikers

DR Forest

Vital Squad Member
Any news given that we are shipping 4 out, as expected?
I assume there was a meltdown last night and the 100 pager was removed?
Or is my phone searching on the wrong page?

With regard to Strikers... generically, I think signings like Soudani & Ansarifard just aren't suited to the Championship.

I know Soudani got injured & Karim was on international duty, but are they up to freezing cold days & nights when we hit that winter period?

Hopefully, we will go for someone like Vydra, Gayle, Hugill, Gallagher - players that know the league or that we also take a punt on a young EPL striker on loan.

If Carvs is injured or goes to Oly, then Vydra in the No.10 or Gayle's pace working with Grabbs - plus another like Hugill etc to add competition and something different to Grabbs.

I think Minnie will bring in that French Striker - can't remember his name, from Rennes - we're supposed to have a trialist 'meeting us' in Greece too - but that could be BS.

gayles pace would frighten teams. he changed the opening game when he came on last season. if i had my pick on all it would be him but obviously wages big issue.

gayles pace would frighten teams. he changed the opening game when he came on last season. if i had my pick on all it would be him but obviously wages big issue.

He could teach our boys how to cheat properly as well!

I realy dont rate Gayle at all, nor Gallagher style wise.

We need a striker who can beat a man because Grabbs cant and we also need striker that can challenge physically cos he cant do that either. So 2 strikers in my book and weve just got rid of two so fingers crossed.

one of em needs to take pens too o course.

Yeah, but he got away with it in the game. Our lads, even though you can tell they desperately want to be the biggest cheats in the league can't even manage that.

I realy dont rate Gayle at all, nor Gallagher style wise.

We need a striker who can beat a man because Grabbs cant and we also need striker that can challenge physically cos he cant do that either. So 2 strikers in my book and weve just got rid of two so fingers crossed.

one of em needs to take pens too o course.

Lineaker never beat a man in his life,
Lolley beats the man and passes it to Grabben to score. Simples!

On balance I think getting mainland European players in is better. They’re better value for money and more inclined to play the Forest way.

Grabban, Lolley and Cash need to be in there - and possibly Worrall - but other than that let’s keep Forest European

I don’t buy this ‘cold night in Stoke’ or ‘knowing the division’ rubbish. Good players are good players.

Lineaker never beat a man in his life,
Lolley beats the man and passes it to Grabben to score. Simples!
dont talk twaddle, Linekar beat his man every time, either with pace or intelligence, not only when the defender fell over

On balance I think getting mainland European players in is better. They’re better value for money and more inclined to play the Forest way.

Grabban, Lolley and Cash need to be in there - and possibly Worrall - but other than that let’s keep Forest European

I don’t buy this ‘cold night in Stoke’ or ‘knowing the division’ rubbish. Good players are good players.

'keep' us European? the clubs in Nottingham bro.
I cant say I remember too many success stories with European players the last 20 years

Not at all concerned with the departures of Ansarifard, Vellios, Soudani or Murphy. Can't expect too much of Tyler Walker, but it would be nice to see him flourish, however unlikely.

We'll have to sign a few strikers now. I'd like to see proven Championship strikers rather than risking players from Europe. The likes of Vydra, Gayle, Oliveira, Austin (yes I know about his injury problems). (y)

Maybe Cavaleiro. :shrug:

Not Kodjia, Hogan, Murray, Hugill. (n)

dont talk twaddle, Linekar beat his man every time, either with pace or intelligence, not only when the defender fell over
Depends on your definition of ‘beating your man’.

If you mean taking a touch and then getting his shot off then yes he did. If you mean stepping away from his marker to get to the ball then again yes he did.

However if you mean taking the ball past a player either from a standing start or in the move then no. No he didn’t.

Lineker was the king of opportunists and only really came alive at the edge of the box. It was all about anticipation and being in the right place.

Now if you were talking about someone like SVC then yes, he would beat his man (or Ulrika allegedly) repeatedly.