Strikers | Vital Football

Strikers

Blade for Life

Vital 1st Team Regular
Billy is and always will be a Blade legend but he is not the answer moving forwards. McGoldrick is way too slow and also towards the end of his career. Then there is Burke who will never score goals and who’s brain and legs are not connected. That leaves Brewster and McBurnie. For me Slav has to give one of them the central striker role for a run of games. Both have scored goals at this level but it is never going to click if they are not playing, played out of position or just get the odd 15 minutes.
I know both are not popular but I think it is worth trying.

Shit situation when we probably need to be giving them a chance, simply due to financial reasons, because ideally I'd like them both gone. They don't want to be here.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll go and score goals elsewhere. McPub, at least. But it won't happen here. Not while we don't have a good Bladey miracle worker managing us. We're back to the Blackwell years in many respects, where you just know players won't perform and you're looking at a player thinking that him producing 70% of his best is our best case scenario. Suffice to say McPub and Brewster need to be much nearer 100%.

If given the chance Slav would swap the lot for a Mitrovic or Kodjia.

We've been transitioning from Billy for three years now, but because of ineptitude, outside shenanigans and fitness problems from his replacements Billy keeps getting back in, and as Tuesday and yesterday prove, Billy shouldn't be starting every game.

For me, if he can stay fit, McBurnie should be given an extended run in the team. Get Hourihane in the side, who along with MGW, will provide some decent crosses for him to attack.

If given the chance Slav would swap the lot for a Mitrovic or Kodjia.

We've been transitioning from Billy for three years now, but because of ineptitude, outside shenanigans and fitness problems from his replacements Billy keeps getting back in, and as Tuesday and yesterday prove, Billy shouldn't be starting every game.

For me, if he can stay fit, McBurnie should be given an extended run in the team. Get Hourihane in the side, who along with MGW, will provide some decent crosses for him to attack.
he cant head for shit when in oppos box ,he cant shoot he cant create for his sen,he,ll never in a million years get 20 goals what our main striker should be getting. saturday he did more in 2o minutes than hes done since hes been here, plays like that for the next 20 games and ill be eating mi words. but i think i may starve if i wait to eat.

he cant head for shit when in oppos box ,he cant shoot he cant create for his sen,he,ll never in a million years get 20 goals what our main striker should be getting. saturday he did more in 2o minutes than hes done since hes been here, plays like that for the next 20 games and ill be eating mi words. but i think i may starve if i wait to eat.

In McBurnie's own word "I've been wank to be fair", and that's not going to change with him sitting on the bench depreciating in value.

Get him on the pitch with Hourihane, MGW, Sander and Bogle and let's see what happens.

Reading on here we have a squad of world beaters if ony we get the right mix on the pitch at the same time.
If X played when Y's fit then we'd be wonderful etc. but where's the evidence?
Berge will make everybody a better player, Brewster needs feeding, McB's wonderful with the right support etc etc etc.

Get real, they've been out perfomed, out fought, out classed for coming up to 2 seasons now- since Covid and,coincidence???, since signing Berge.
The rot, wet, dry, debilitating is well and truly established with this lot.There's a few decent individuals performing some of the time but, let's face it, there's not the spirit, fire , fight, skill or commitment to do mucch more than survive at this level.

In McBurnie's own word "I've been wank to be fair", and that's not going to change with him sitting on the bench depreciating in value.

Get him on the pitch with Hourihane, MGW, Sander and Bogle and let's see what happens.
he was bad when we were good ,although it was in the prem, and i agree get him on the pitch yes,but if his performance drops below the 20 minutes saturday then he,ll be just as useless as ever and time once and for all to let him go. hope im wrong and he comes good.

Reading on here we have a squad of world beaters if ony we get the right mix on the pitch at the same time.
If X played when Y's fit then we'd be wonderful etc. but where's the evidence?
Berge will make everybody a better player, Brewster needs feeding, McB's wonderful with the right support etc etc etc.

Get real, they've been out perfomed, out fought, out classed for coming up to 2 seasons now- since Covid and,coincidence???, since signing Berge.
The rot, wet, dry, debilitating is well and truly established with this lot.There's a few decent individuals performing some of the time but, let's face it, there's not the spirit, fire , fight, skill or commitment to do mucch more than survive at this level.
tomy u are absolutely spot on,fans are hoping players come good,before ya know it we,ll be in league 1 wi some of thses players. what they cant or wont see is some are now dead wood and need moving on.