Stretford Town v Manchester City - 8pm BST Weds 26th Oct - League Cup Match Day Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Stretford Town v Manchester City - 8pm BST Weds 26th Oct - League Cup Match Day Thread

Buzz Lightyear - 26/10/2016 17:45

What I want really is for Pep to play his first team and for maureen to play his kids, but that wont happen as much as i could guess what team Pep will be tinkering out tonight, because it is either win or lose tonight and if it goes to pens then we are in the doodoo

Don't know about that Buzz, our Willy is a penalty stopper extraordinaire.

Bluedub - 26/10/2016 17:54

Buzz Lightyear - 26/10/2016 17:45

What I want really is for Pep to play his first team and for maureen to play his kids, but that wont happen as much as i could guess what team Pep will be tinkering out tonight, because it is either win or lose tonight and if it goes to pens then we are in the doodoo

Don't know about that Buzz, our Willy is a penalty stopper extraordinaire.

Hope it doesn't get to that, but yup, Willy is the man for a penalty shut out :021:

I don't know, call me old fashioned, but I believe you play your strongest team in every match you play, we play the Rags tonight, and in any other time going to the swamp we would be apprehensive, and some would be cautious, 2ven with our strongest side in the days of the dark lord, but now we are saying play some kids!!!! HELL NO, SMASH EM, GRIND EM INTO THE GROUND, PUT 6 PAST EM IF NOT MORE, but play the kids, not in this game... it's to big, If we got say Oldham , Bury, pompey even then yes, but tonight, not on your life.....

cityman51 - 26/10/2016 18:38

I don't know, call me old fashioned, but I believe you play your strongest team in every match you play, we play the Rags tonight, and in any other time going to the swamp we would be apprehensive, and some would be cautious, 2ven with our strongest side in the days of the dark lord, but now we are saying play some kids!!!! HELL NO, SMASH EM, GRIND EM INTO THE GROUND, PUT 6 PAST EM IF NOT MORE, but play the kids, not in this game... it's to big, If we got say Oldham , Bury, pompey even then yes, but tonight, not on your life.....

i don't think Pep agrees with you, but we'll find out in about 10 minutes

Caballero, Maffeo, Otamendi, Kompany, Clichy, Fernando, Aleix Garcia, Nolito, Jesús Navas, Sané, Iheanacho

Dark side: De Gea, Valencia, Rojo, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Rashford, Ibrahimovic

I just hope we don't get too hammered, maybe an offside goal or two a sending off wrongly and two dives which fools the ref will be the only saving grace we can expect, but part of me wants to quote Private Frazier come the final whistle