Stockport | Vital Football

Stockport

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
The final match in what has been a season of conflicting fortunes.
Thankfully, the game will have no impact on Pools fortunes, with relegation already assured, however Stockport are still in with a shout of the playoffs so I think we can anticipate a testing afternoon.

I can only wish Stockport luck and ask that they are magnanimous in our different future prospects.

My only wish is we keep the score within respectable bounds. I fear the score could be more than the five they got at the Vic. Fingers crossed.

They’ll be going for it no doubt. Firstly in the hope that Northampton get anything less than a win, secondly they’ll want to go into the playoffs full of confidence, if Northampton beat Tranmere.

As old poolie says we are indeed in for a testing afternoon.
Whatever happens, we live to fight another day. :red:

A creditable draw for Pools final game in EFL2.

Frustratingly if (there all ifs and buts) only Pools had shown a bit more desire in the game against Crawley our destiny might have been very different.

The coming days/ weeks with the announcement of players to be retained, released or told to seek their fortune elsewhere will be interesting.

The difference today and also against Barrow was that the players in Pools shirts wanted to play for Pools and were prepared to give everything they had. As it turns out, against Crawley, Salford and Newport, this was not the case.