Stockley | Vital Football

Stockley

Looked good didn't he but probably should have buried that cross in, didn't go at it with much conviction!

Target man with a bit of pace and decent touch though, not loads of those all round types about at this level. Doidge maybe a little less sprightly but pretty deadly, reminded me of him a bit.

Also they paid 100k (ish) apparently for him. Club record fee. Shows that if you put a few quid down for a forward it might pay off.

Well marshalled by Waterfall and Wharton (who I thought was outstanding) today, but definitely looked like a decent player. Boateng did, too.

As Rasen says, unusual to see an all round striker like that in the lower leagues.

Thought he really bossed Wharton and Waterfall to begin with and beat them in the air on most occasions, but then our two defenders eventually got to grips with him, by fair means and foul, and never gave him a sniff in the second half. He really, though, should have buried one of those chances he hd.

If he didn’t care about his hair too much he should have scored. To be honest he could have had a hat trick. He needs a tactical tackle early on.

Think it highlights our need to spend some proper money in the summer irrespective of which league we are playing in. A stronger squad - there's money in the bank to be spent wisely and I have every faith in Danny to do just that, if he is given a proper budget...

Personally think we need the squad to bigger than 19 i believe the Cowleys have stated 22 before! The elusive striker i believe is needed and will come in the form of Lyle Taylor! He will be a free transfer but that just means a signing on fee and decent wages.

Personally think we need the squad to bigger than 19 i believe the Cowleys have stated 22 before! The elusive striker i believe is needed and will come in the form of Lyle Taylor! He will be a free transfer but that just means a signing on fee and decent wages.

Championship clubs are after him

Thought we defended him pretty well, particularly 2nd half where he didn’t have much of a look in.

Would love to sign him though we have no chance of getting him. For our current style of play he wouldn’t be invaluable. As has been stated I think we need to get a few extra bodies in this window.

Thought he had a quiet game tbf, stby Thursday !

So did I, we must have been watching a different match. Other than a couple of chances that came from Lincoln mistakes, he spent the whole match waving his arms in the air and moaning at the referee. Completely ineffective.

Well marshalled by Waterfall and Wharton (who I thought was outstanding) today, but definitely looked like a decent player. Boateng did, too.

As Rasen says, unusual to see an all round striker like that in the lower leagues.

I thought Wharton struggled first half. As for Boateng he looked good first half but seemed to run out of steam second half, Harry ran past him near the half way line and he just stopped running and made no real attempt to recover his position.

I thought Wharton was brilliant. Yeah he gave the ball away a couple of times but don't think he suffered defensively at all, he was towering most of the game. I was unusually in the BM stand and he seemed to win loads of headers, especially ones under pressure in his own box in the second half. Very impressed.

Stockley was well marshalled but had some nice link up play, that layoff was brilliant. Not sure he should have headed that chance, looked like a volley-height one to me. Two great runs for his chances though. If he had everything he wouldn’t be in League Two.