Still Wycombe Tickets Available | Vital Football

Still Wycombe Tickets Available

exhertsimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
from OS and without Eventbrite?

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2017/august/170804-wycombe-ticket-information/

"
If Wycombe decide to make some tickets avaialble on the day, they will inform us and we will post on our website and social media.

If this is the case, it will be 'all ticket' - meaning that our supporters must purchase the tickets in advance of the matchday.
"

That wording is a bit contradictory.
Those last 23 tickets proved difficult to sell ;)

Yeah, I can't believe those final 23 haven't sold, so I've half assumed we've been given the extra.

nlondonimp - 4/8/2017 11:48

"
If Wycombe decide to make some tickets avaialble on the day, they will inform us and we will post on our website and social media.

If this is the case, it will be 'all ticket' - meaning that our supporters must purchase the tickets in advance of the matchday.
"

That wording is a bit contradictory.
Those last 23 tickets proved difficult to sell ;)

Yeah, I read that earlier and found it confusingly worded.

Really confused about the allocation now. City Twitter saying around 1400 imps going and there are still tickets to be had until 2pm.

So the allocation wasn't 1800 or 2000 or even 2350? When there were 23 left we had sold how many?

Very confusing.

So 1400? would think there should be 400 odd available then. Could be a cat amongst the pigeons as far as the Guess the attendance game. A lot have gone high.

Club have sort of implied that sales are much higher. Looks more like 1400-1500 then rather than the 2000??

Seems like a bit of a cock up, people have definitely been thinking it was sold out or close to (posting on banter for spares etc) with the 23 left and the lay out on eventbrite...

Oh dear! Didn't they say there was only 23 tics left the other day? Not that 1400 at Wycombe should be sniffed at.....

Yep, I envisaged the allocation, either 1800 or the 2000 was only 23 of selling out like the vast majority of us. I wonder how many haven't bothered now because they thought they were all gone?

Deary me.

Oh come on folks people wanting to go but not checking eventbrite. Can't of been that bothered could they.

Great! I was thinking of making a late dash to the game, booking flights and a hire car this week, but I abandoned the idea when I saw the '23 left' message. Too late now.

BongoChrist - 4/8/2017 14:03

Oh come on folks people wanting to go but not checking eventbrite. Can't of been that bothered could they.

On the contrary, if the club says there are 23 left, why would we disbelieve them? Many fans, particularly if they are exiles, depend on social media and the club website for information. The club needs to get it right.

BongoChrist - 4/8/2017 14:03

once postage stopped being an option [wednesday], eventbrite became of no use to anyone who cannot then drive to lincoln to pick up the ticket...

I think we go a bit OTT on the criticism of the club sometimes, but this is a complete balls up. Hopefully it's just teething problems.

If there was 23 tickets left then buy one? Unless you needed 24 tickets whats the problem? Eventbrite no use for exiles after Wednesday maybe but why leave it that late in the first place?

seems odd to have 1400 fans in an away stand that safely holds 1800 to 2000 and is totally segregated... and then tell fans - that might decide late to go, that it is all ticket and they shouldn't bother.

are we really some kind of threat? or are wycombe another club that don't need the money - even if it is only 5-50 on the day sales?? a few people are bound to think on friday evening that they fancy going tomorrow... ironically, the way this has panned out, wycombe are actually encouraging lincoln fans to go into the away end - and it is totally unnecessary.

no wonder these teams struggle as businesses.

This match preview on Wycombe's website says the original allocation was 1,800, with 400 remaining at close of business on Thursday. Where does '23 left' come into that?

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2017/august/match-preview-for-wycombe-wanderers-vs-lincoln-city-on-05-aug-17/

BongoChrist - 4/8/2017 14:25

If there was 23 tickets left then buy one? Unless you needed 24 tickets whats the problem? Eventbrite no use for exiles after Wednesday maybe but why leave it that late in the first place?

That doesn't stand up either. That would work fine provided you have seen the '23 left' message as soon as it was released. What if you only see it when you get home from work that evening?