Still rather be a Bear than a Pear??? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Still rather be a Bear than a Pear???

Worcester are gonna start out door pre season at kiddie this year. One of the best wickets around at kiddie.

As for the Warwick bit, surely there is another company that will pay money for naming the ground. Seems daft

I'd rather play with a pair than a bear if that helps move this debate on?

Otherwise, disgusting use of taxpayers money IF true. A loan with very low interest I get and see the sense in, but a sponsorship?

Birmingham Council again prove to be wasteful idiots, although to be fair the investment in free tickets to hopefully inspire the next generation is something to be backed - but could've easily been done in another way.

However I highly doubt this will be worth £1.1million in terms of exposure to the City. Crock of shit but hey ho savings need to be made by the Council don't they.

I have to be fair equally.

A Birmingham City Council spokesperson said: “This is a bit of kite flying. We have been in discussions with the cricket club but not about naming rights, rather general support. Considering our financial situation we cannot afford to be talking about sponsorship deals.”

http://birminghamnewsroom.com/2013/03/edgbaston-cricket-ground-clarification/

I'm sure Bham CC lent money for the development? The development includes a housing project that is currently under construction and I guess could be 'offered' to the council? The sponsorship/promotion deal 'may' involve a contra of funds?

I'm speculating of course, but all possibilities.

I agree with pride though. Edgbaston is only really famous for it's cricket ground, as is Wimbledon for Tennis and Aston for the Villa!

The Fear - 12/3/2013 14:40

James06 - 12/3/2013 13:51

Arent you Worcester Jonathan?

No mate, born and bred Four Oaks, which was Warwickshire before the ghastly West Midlands was introduced.

You sound like my late Uncle with that statement as we are your ''poorer'' neighbors from Sutton Cold-Field

As for the change from bears to pears it is ridiculous. I'm a bear or I'm a pear. LOL..

James, think the Council loaned them £20m for the redevelopment, which is fair enough cause the taxpayer won't lose out with the interest.

But if they contra 4 million from the debt, in return for this naming deal, then surely that is 4 million of bham taxpayers money? Which isnt really fair enough at all - especially when libraries, leisure centres and swimming pools etc... a closing down almost daily!

ha ha far from it comrade.

But I do not want the city council building stadiums, especially when they are laying off thousands of jobs.

What next - giant expensive eyesore public libraries on prime city centre land - whilst shutting down local libraries?

i ask you!!

davem - 12/3/2013 22:52

Worcester are gonna start out door pre season at kiddie this year. One of the best wickets around at kiddie.

And with no home game until May davem, hopefully New Road will be in prime condition for what we hope will be a successful season for The Pears.

Cant be any worse that the summer of 2012 surely?