Stevenage (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them? | Vital Football

Stevenage (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What 3 things do we need to do to beat Stevenage on Saturday afternoon?

Minimum of 150 words required!

Not long left to provide 150 words.

I'm doing something very rare tonight. I'm putting myself first ahead of the site for once (going out with work colleagues), so if anything is posted tonight, it won't appear on the Front Page until tomorrow morning!

1. Have more shots at goal, especially hit the target. Our conversion rate is good, but we just don't shoot enough. Only 8 shots on target in the past 3 games. That is a poor return. In and around the box we need players to be more selfish and look to shoot. And as we know with Farman not liking a long shot, our midfield need to get in on the act.

2. Throw a bit of caution to the wind. We have a solid defense and I trust whichever goalkeeper, back four and holding midfield player or two to keep out the opposition. OK, we have not had many clean sheets recently, but lets attack in numbers as often as we can. Overload the wings and get the ball in the danger area, with numbers in the box.

3. With Anderson suspended and Freck and Bossie probably injured, its time to give a couple of the new players their chance. I would keep Rowe in at 10, so Roberts wide and O'Hara as the box to box player should get the chance from the start. Pett and McCartan unlucky to miss out, but this change is needed to freshen things up after three draws.