Steve Lovell | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steve Lovell

Good news and a bit of stability for Lovell. Lets hope he finds the formula at home.

Now if skybet would kindly pay out :17:

Scally has clearly weighed up the balance of opinion on this MB and listened to our measured arguments.... or perhaps not. Great news and appears to be welcome all round.

I'm sure Steve got appointed because Nobby Solano's taking Peru to Russia and couldn't handle both Gills promotion push and Peru's World Cup ambitions at the same time.
Seems a bit of a light weight and were better off with Steve

I'm glad. Let's hope he can build on his achievements to date now that uncertainty has been removed.

I share the delight of the majority .Lovell will make mistakes .But has the lads behind him and will get points .

Excellent news I reckon . Good luck Steve :2:

Best part of this appointment is that most fans appear to be onside with it and there is a feel-good factor that hasn't been in evidence for a few seasons.

If any of the other rumoured candidates had been appointed I reckon there would have been more than half our fan base opposed to whatever one was chosen and there'd be a lot of angst about the place again.

Lets hope the results keep improving along with the performances too.

Just hope the fans give him the time and patience required to build on what he's done so far. I think we're all realistic enough to know that there's still a lot of work to do and there will be bumps along the way, especially with the few injuries we've picked up recently
I'm looking forward to see what he gets up to in the transfer window as the squad definitely looks like it needs some strengthening. Interesting and exciting times ahead.

I think most wanted experience when Pennock left,also once the Evans approach was rejected the names on the list did not jump out at all.Westley seemed to be the main favourite,but I didn`t see anyone who wanted him! I originally said elsewhere that I didn`t want us to go down the ex Gills player road,but Lovell`s results have been decent with wins at tough places like Peterborough,and Rotherham.A hard fought 1-1 draw with a very good Wigan side,Finding a way back when struggling v Bury,also getting through the FA Cup first round for the first time for five years.The player`s all said they wanted Lovell,so with a positive last month as a whole i`m happy with the appointment.Hopefully He can keep us up,then come what May we can review the situation.

Cracking decision, has proved himself to be the right man for the job over the last few weeks.
Can't wait for Walsall tomorrow now, looking forward to seeing us grab three points and pulling out of the relegation zone. UTG

If it is a bad result and performance tomorrow how many on here will be saying "told you so"?

I think he's the best choice in the circumstances but still worry that he doesn't have enough back up.

PhilK66 - 17/11/2017 16:40
...but still worry that he doesn't have enough back up.

I'm hoping that Lovell will be allowed to set up his own "back room" without any outside distractions.

I'll also echo what KFG put earlier. I was against us appointing anyone with any Gills connection, mainly because it always "blinds" people to obvious failings until it's too late (Pennock, Hessenthaler). But I'm pretty sure this won't happen with Lovell. I just get "that" feeling.

He's proved himself at getting the best out of the team and getting the results needed to at least give us a fighting chance of survival. He was also the key, central component when he was part of the 'gang-of-four' that transformed the team between PT's second stint and Edinburgh.

He has a personality where he doesn't fvck about, doesn't mince his words and doesn't put up with any BS but on the other hand encourages those who try and keep going, which is why Byrne is getting better and more confident.

So I agree that Scally has made a very wise and good decision here.