Steve Lovell | Vital Football

Steve Lovell

Cheap option, no league manager experience...
About time too! I'm sure this will boost the players as much as Stevie :-)

Well done Scally. Hopefully Lovell can go and manage someone else before the start of next season to be in with a shout of a full time appointment with us.

Good stuff, well done Steve Lovell and PS.

Hoping to see a solid performance at Walsall, as the team demonstrate their support of the appointment.

Excellent news, if not a bit overdue. Sometimes you need to take a punt. We all know the wheels might come off at any point but Steve has bought a bit of fire and passion to the club that has been missing for a while. Now he should get the chance to strengthen in January and see what he can build on the steady improvement so far.

Thank god we passed on westley. Would have cost more and would have probably been a bigger issue then appointing Lovell. While it may be seen as a ?cheap? option he has managed to get the team playing and enjoying playing with the freedom which they have been getting. The team under Lovell are certainly not going to go down without a fight. If it doesn?t work we can analyse who is available at the end of the season.

?I wonder if this means we didn't get as much as Scally hoped out of Centre Plate??

Haha ? is this a wind up? If not - always someone (usualy at least a few) who wants to see the negatives in something.

Maybe it just means that now he has dealt with the centre plate case he has a bit of time spare to think about the manager?s position properly. Maybe he felt that Lovell was doing a perfectly good job, and warranted the opportunity until the end of the season as he?s done so well so far, the fans are on side, the players are on side, and the results are following largely.

I would imagine that if he survives relegation we will sign him up on a 2-3 year deal.

Well done to him. Good luck.

Interesting to see if he will have Patto as his assistant or take on Ian Cox on a permanent basis to the season end or A N Other.

Such wonderful options we had,Westley,Millen,and we pick Lovell,
Thank god Scally made the right decision,hopefully move up the table now,and maybe bit of money to spend in New Year,

alphabet_king - 16/11/2017 14:36

?I wonder if this means we didn't get as much as Scally hoped out of Centre Plate??

Haha ? is this a wind up? If not - always someone (usualy at least a few) who wants to see the negatives in something.

Maybe it just means that now he has dealt with the centre plate case he has a bit of time spare to think about the manager?s position properly. Maybe he felt that Lovell was doing a perfectly good job, and warranted the opportunity until the end of the season as he?s done so well so far, the fans are on side, the players are on side, and the results are following largely.

I would imagine that if he survives relegation we will sign him up on a 2-3 year deal.

Well done to him. Good luck.

To be fair mate i think its a valid question and something i was wondering to be honest. Had we had a windfall in the centreplate case Scally may have gone for someone else (more experience, contacts etc) but now cant afford to. Or as you say its just a case of gettibg the court stuff out the way before sitting down with Lovell properly to plan the rest of the season. Both viable scenarios imo, but im just glad he has the job as hes the right man for me.

Happy with that. He has at least managed to get a very very limited squad (in terms of ability) to play much better than the hapless Pennock and the mind numbingly boring Taylor.

Finish 20th and that's a good performance imo.

Chairman Paul Scally said: "I'm delighted that Steve is going to remain first-team manager until at least the end of the season, and hopefully a lot longer.

"I'm really pleased about that, I'm delighted to give Steve the chance.

"I think he has done an incredible job over the last few weeks in some very difficult circumstances for the club.

"Probably, if I hadn't been so involved in the legal case in the High Court then we would have made this appointment two or three weeks earlier, but it's never too late."

Arthurly has hit the nail square on the head, it is a sensible decision
Lovell has at least steadied the ship and halted it's sinking into oblivion (for now at least.) Scally can probably see that there is steady improvement and that to bring another now manager in at this point may have disrupted that. Would a new bloke necessarily get more out of this group than Lovell has? I would doubt it
With Lovell here until the summer, Scally has the option of reviewing the situation then and deciding who would be in charge of recruiting for the new season.
Sensible if not sensational.