Steve Davies? Are we needing snookers? | Vital Football

Steve Davies? Are we needing snookers?

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see we're seemingly giving up on Lavery. I don't quite get Sheffield Wednesday's reluctance, but I have no information about the goings on.

So we seem to be calling for a re-rack & going after Steve Davies (OK, not Steve Davis, but couldn't resist!) of Bradford.

His record sounds great:

Appearances: 17
Goals: 0

His recent penalty miss knocked Bradford out of the Cup.

Sign him up!

All joking aside, Cook has generally done Ok in the transfer market & I would certainly give this guy time if Cook rates him.

Let's see.

I'm guessing Wednesday aren't willing to let him go without some financial reward, which given he's there player is fair enough really as they've got FFP to think about and have splashed the cash a fair bit so IF they don't go up this season they've got to be worrying a bit about a 'transfer embargo' so have an eye on that?

Just a theory.

As for Davies, no surprises ANOTHER former Derby and Sheffield United player. Decent enough footballer BUT I'd worry, he's already missed several months of this season due to injury and has had a long string of injury problems...

Like you say Tim, Cookie's generally got it right but if I wasn't worried by his record this season, I'd worry about his ability to stay fit!

Trialist defender and another striker?

It would appear the Caolan Lavery ship has sailed and his return to Pompey isn't going to happen now?

For whatever reason I don't know, I'm guess it comes down to the money Sheffield Wednesday, quite understandably, would want...although some claims, by all accounts, made on social media recently have 'claimed' he was involved in a heated bust up with Marc McNulty before he went back?

I'll get onto the other striker links in a mo, but on the topic of Sheffield Wednesday there's something of a link to a player the <a style='color:#0E4FB0' href='http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-transfer-news-blues-eye-defender-1-7188871' target='blank'><b>News</b></a> says is training with us at the moment as he had a trial with them in 2014.

Shane O'Neill, with a name like that is (unsurprisingly) of Irish background but is officially an America with him enjoying success in the MLS with Colorado Rapids before trying his hand in Belgium with Royal Mouscron-Péruwelz with him now in Cyprus with Apollon Limassol.

I've never heard of the guy, the above is all I know (from what the News told us), that and the fact he's 22 with him training with us 'with the view' to signing.

Also being linked with Pompey is Bradford's former Tranmere, Derby, Bristol City, Blackpool and Sheffield United striker Steve Davies - who could become the latest former Blade to join us!

<a style='color:#0E4FB0' href='http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=561554' target='blank'><b>Read more - click here</b></a>.