Steve Bruce Sacked | Vital Football

Steve Bruce Sacked

I'd have a really good laugh if it went t#ts up. Even with loads of money, a club needs some level of competence to win things. For 20+ years Manure used to spend the most and didn't win the old First Division.

I'd have a really good laugh if it went t#ts up. Even with loads of money, a club needs some level of competence to win things. For 20+ years Manure used to spend the most and didn't win the old First Division.

Also amusing when clubs dont have a candidate lined up before they sack the current one. May have been better to announce bruce stays just till the end of the season but obviously many nut jobs believe it is all his fault and of course he did manage the enemy.

Or maybe they have someone in line ala the PS model.

Pleased he made it to a 1000 games (I'm right about that, aint I?) before they sacked him.

Will he get/take another job?

Personally, if this is Evans last season with us I'd love Brucie to come and manage us next season. Though I doubt very much that would happen anyway.

I know quite a few of you don't feel the same but I've had a soft spot for Newcastle ever since that epic match at Rocker Park. Following that they awarded us with a Magpie Merit Award for finally condemning Sunderland to their rightful place in the third division!

Since then I've wanted to see Newcastle win something. They came close under Keegan (and had such an entertaining team too) but not sure I feel the same now they're owned by the Saudis. Even feel a little like '58, it would be quite amusing now to see them go down.

I would think that this will be Steve's last managerial role in football and the £8 million pay off will soften the blow.
Retire Steve, and enjoy what time you have left.

Steve is quoted on the BBC website as saying that the Newcastle job could well be his last job and he may retire.
Don't blame him his managerial record isn't bad and he certainly didn't deserve the stick he got form the Geordies.

Also amusing when clubs dont have a candidate lined up before they sack the current one. May have been better to announce bruce stays just till the end of the season but obviously many nut jobs believe it is all his fault and of course he did manage the enemy.

Or maybe they have someone in line ala the PS model.

The Saudis and Scally are negotiating compensation for BFSE.

The new Saudi owner has said that even if they finish bottom this season, he’s not bothered because he’s going to spend millions next season to win the premier league.
I don’t think he has grasped the concept of relegation 😂

Where as he should have said, he's going to spend millions to BUY the premier league.

Good luck to Steve and, as Shotshy suggests, it would now be a good time to enjoy life outside the stress of being boss at Newcastle. Fond memories of Steve as a Gills player, would like to think that he has fond memories of his time at GFC.

Fond enough to invest ? ;-)

Did we ever play a club he was manager of ? I don't recall a game.

What a strange life in football Steve has had. Incredibly never capped by England (iirc) despite captaining Manure to the Premshit and fellow CB's playing for the country. Also surprising considering some of the donkeys who played for England in those days.

Conversely he has somehow got a lot of good managerial posts despite what I consider a limited CV. Don't think he did well at Huddersfield (yes, I know he did well at some other clubs).

Trevor Francis is another that should have played more for England and got fewer managerial posts

OK thanks I don't remember. Got a warm welcome I hope.
Definitely it was quite a special occasion for the fans and it appeared for Steve .Any talk of him coming back is simply rubbish. But I do wonder if Scally could try to get him down to watch a match at some point.

What a strange life in football Steve has had. Incredibly never capped by England (iirc) despite captaining Manure to the Premshit and fellow CB's playing for the country. Also surprising considering some of the donkeys who played for England in those days.

Conversely he has somehow got a lot of good managerial posts despite what I consider a limited CV. Don't think he did well at Huddersfield (yes, I know he did well at some other clubs).

Trevor Francis is another that should have played more for England and got fewer managerial posts

There's a podcast called Undr The Cosh and they have an ex-player on every week that they interview/ shoot the breeze with. Several players who played for Trevor Francis said that he couldn't handle confrontation so lost the dressing room.

Some mentioned that he got frustrated with players because they couldn't do what he could with the ball - even when he was 50 years old!