Steve Bruce Calls For An End To Transfer Window | Vital Football

Steve Bruce Calls For An End To Transfer Window

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Steve Bruce calls for an end to the transfer window. Do you agree?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523441">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Totally agree. Should be from the start of June until the end of July. 2 months is plenty of time to get it sorted, even if there is a World Cup or Euro Champ being played. Also, there should be no January window - just a money grabbing exercise by agents and payers.

I preferred when you were able to sign players up to March (I think). Made clubs less desperate to pack all their business into a couple of months.

Yes all it does is inflate transfer fees as the clubs get more desperate.

The only winners in these windows are the agents.

I call for an end to a manager who has taken 10 points from his last 11 league games.

Cut the window down to a month. Enough time to do the business; longer and everybody starts playing around, no good to anybody. If clubs want a player it forces them to put in a competitive bid at the start. If a club wants to move a player on then they have to take what's on the table seriously.

I've got a crazy idea. No transfer window and you buy a player when you want to and sell when you want , sounds crazy but it could work.

Hate the window ending after the season has started. And the mid season window can go.

So if there has to be one end it early.

If you want to spice it up, allow clubs to sell one player and buy one player only, after the deadline. Will make it interesting if clubs are after two or more players from the same club but only one can go.

1st August would be the best . so we all know where we stand . They'd still get all the deals done with less f ing about

Could someone please enlighten me as to why the transfer window was introduced in the first place. Things semed to work ok before we had one.

wittonite - 27/8/2017 11:09

Could someone please enlighten me as to why the transfer window was introduced in the first place. Things semed to work ok before we had one.

Yes I can wittonite.
It's because those in charge of anything, up and including government, want to leave their own mark on whatever it is.
None of the halfwits in charge have ever heard the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Hilarious how he says that after signing a fuck load of players in his last two windows. He loves a transfer does Brucey.

1958Villan - 27/8/2017 12:35

wittonite - 27/8/2017 11:09

Yes I can wittonite.
It's because those in charge of anything, up and including government, want to leave their own mark on whatever it is.
None of the halfwits in charge have ever heard the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

In a nut shell. Thank you 1958

The Fear - 25/8/2017 08:36

Ha, McParland!

That would fit the FFP rules!

An astute club could have taken advantage of FFP.
The big clubs have had to cut their massive squads and that has had an effect all the way down the leagues.
We are seeing some really good players, not all in their mid-thirties, letting players contracts run out.
As I said at the start, an astute club could have taken advantage by upgrading their playing staff, while making a few quid by selling their existing players.

It's the same for all clubs so everyone is in the same boat. I don't think there is much to complain about, because if it's the same for everyone no one should gain an advantage.

I'm too young to remember not having transfer windows at all, but the idea that a club could come in for one of your best players whenever they feel like it at whatever point in the season they want isn't something that appeals to me at all. Might have been an adequate system before there was so much money in the game but I think things have moved on too far now.

I think it's fine. Close it at the start of the season and there isn't really enough time to get good business done. I would hate to go back to having no window with players potentially leaving all the time throughout the season. Obviously he was asked a question and gave an answer but many managers working with a substantially smaller budget than him might have a wry smile at his comments.

With the mid August discussion about closing the summer transfer window before action kicks off in the Premier League and EFL, it's now been confirmed those talks...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523501">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>