Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 105 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

The worrying thing for me is, Arsenal have nothing to play for in the Premiership... can't finish higher than eighth... but they can qualify for Europa League by winning the FA Cup the following week... question is.. Will they play a weakened side on Sunday???
Dont think so, think Arteta will be fuming after the Villa Park display, and looking for a reaction as in playing for your place in the final.

The worrying thing for me is, Arsenal have nothing to play for in the Premiership... can't finish higher than eighth... but they can qualify for Europa League by winning the FA Cup the following week... question is.. Will they play a weakened side on Sunday???

I'm not sure that Arteta will want to go into the cup final having dropped points to 2 teams in the bottom 4. He'll be expecting them to go out and out in a performance.

A friend of mine (yes I have one) just texted me and asked "
If Bournemouth win and we lose then they finish above us (our -26 becomes at least -27, their -27 becomes at least -26). I see Bournemouth as the big danger. I don’t think West Ham will be on the beach. Hopefully it will be the Everton that won at Sheffield Utd, not the one that played us, that turns up against Bournemouth. If we want something from West Ham all 11 will need to play really well.
Yes, exactly. A Bournemouth win would send us down if we lose, irrespective of scoreline because that would be 2-goal swing. That's why I'm staying firmly pessimistic.

Our game must be on BT on Sunday. Sky have gone through their games on the final whistle of Liverpool Chelsea and we weren't amongst the 8 they've got.

At least a draw for us takes Bournmouth out of the equation. I also cannot see Watford winning at Arsenal. However playing for a draw would be fatal. So it will have to be the full bollocks then 🙂

Quick gander at TV guide and they aren't confirming who has what?
Sunday 26th July

All 4pm kick-0ffs

Arsenal v Watford – Sky Sports Football

Burnley v Brighton – Sky Sports Arena

Chelsea v Wolves – Sky Sports Premier League

Crystal Palace v Tottenham – Sky Sports Action

Everton v Bournemouth – Sky Sports Golf

Leicester v Man Utd – Sky Sports Main Event

Man City v Norwich – Sky One FREE TO AIR

Newcastle v Liverpool – BT Sport TBC

Southampton v Sheffield United – Sky Sports Mix FREE TO AIR

West Ham v Aston Villa – BT Sport TBC

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/sport/2020-07-22/premier-league-fixtures-games-2019-20/

One things for sure, we have been given a lifeline so many times but not took advantage, Its time to put that right in this final game.We are not going down there again.

Sunday 26th July

All 4pm kick-0ffs

Arsenal v Watford – Sky Sports Football

Burnley v Brighton – Sky Sports Arena

Chelsea v Wolves – Sky Sports Premier League

Crystal Palace v Tottenham – Sky Sports Action

Everton v Bournemouth – Sky Sports Golf

Leicester v Man Utd – Sky Sports Main Event

Man City v Norwich – Sky One FREE TO AIR

Newcastle v Liverpool – BT Sport TBC

Southampton v Sheffield United – Sky Sports Mix FREE TO AIR

West Ham v Aston Villa – BT Sport TBC

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/sport/2020-07-22/premier-league-fixtures-games-2019-20/

I think that's absolutely criminal. Why the fuck should we be on BT twice and have no free to air games. Going to have to spend £25 to watch one match on TV. Of course I'll do it, but they are fully taking the piss with this

BT sport .
You are joking me ffs.
Can‘t make it up sometimes . This wanky league. One of the most important games on the least popular platform.
Oh well. Dog walk it is for me then. I’m not paying BT a penny. They have given me shocking service in the past. I refuse to.
Could blag my dads login for BT sport but his is for the App which means a 40 second delay so I will know what happens before it is shown with being on here and texts myself and junior 1 get through matches .

Last edited:
BT sport .
You are joking me ffs.
Can‘t make it up sometimes . This wanky league. One of the most important games on the least popular platform.
Oh well. Dog walk it is for me then. I’m not paying BT a penny. They have given me shocking service in the past. I refuse to.

Indeed. Im not sure i can go through what i did Tuesday listening to the radio again. I might hide and wait for the final scores. Not sure if it will be less stressful mind.

Everyone keeps saying it's in our own hands, but I personally think it's in Watford's hands.

If they win they stay up. I just can't see us winning at West Ham. We never do!

I think we'll get a point, which at least keeps us clear of Bournemouth, but that it's down to Watford... if they win we're gone.

Everyone keeps saying it's in our own hands, but I personally think it's in Watford's hands.

I think we'll get a point, which at least keeps us clear of Bournemouth, but that it's down to Watford... if they win we're gone.

Do you see Watford winning Deano ?

Also we have never played at West Hams ground. :tongue:

Last edited:

We are unbelievably lucky to say it is actually in our hands. This was always a must win match. The fact we have a slight advantage seems to have changed all of our outlook for this game (including mine). I really hope the players aren't in the same mindset!